New Build In Texas...

smccull

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 28, 2010
Allen, TX
Well, I've been lurking here for quite some while. We moved into a forclosure property in an area we really wanted to be in last year - when we moved out of our old home we lost our pool - a pretty natural lagoon style pool with lots of waterfalls and that stuff. Having had that type of pool for nearly 10 years we decided to shift gears and go back to something a little more traditional and a bit more functional - actually a lot more functional for us. Here are some pics of the rendering and the build so far. Sorry, I seem to be posting the pictures out of order!

Steve

ps - yes that is a well in the forground - approximately 25-28 feet deep hand dug well - our property used to be the area near the barn of an old farm - found lots of artifacts from the farm when they dug.

[attachment=1:176tp3m6]iphone 010.jpg[/attachment:176tp3m6]
[attachment=2:176tp3m6]iphone 057.jpg[/attachment:176tp3m6]
[attachment=0:176tp3m6]iphone 033.jpg[/attachment:176tp3m6]

Attachments

• iphone 057.jpg
    iphone 057.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 746
  • iphone 010.jpg
    iphone 010.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 746
  • iphone 033.jpg
    iphone 033.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 746
More pics

[attachment=2:wgmproh4]iphone 039.jpg[/attachment:wgmproh4]
[attachment=1:wgmproh4]iphone 094.jpg[/attachment:wgmproh4]
[attachment=0:wgmproh4]iphone 031.jpg[/attachment:wgmproh4]

Attachments

• iphone 039.jpg
    iphone 039.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 743
  • iphone 094.jpg
    iphone 094.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 743
  • iphone 031.jpg
    iphone 031.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 744
About as far as they have gotten....these are iphone pictures, so the colors stink, I have better pics on my big camera.

We started the dig right after memorial day, so they have been moving at a good pace so far. Hoping for a July 4th finish, but not sure we will make it....electrical was finished today. We still have deck steel, decking, plaster and final plumbing stuff..

Pebblesheen Aqua Blue will be the final finish.

[attachment=2:56qvcyqd]IMG_0590.jpg[/attachment:56qvcyqd]
[attachment=1:56qvcyqd]IMG_0597.jpg[/attachment:56qvcyqd]
[attachment=0:56qvcyqd]IMG_0596.jpg[/attachment:56qvcyqd]

Attachments

• IMG_0590.jpg
    IMG_0590.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 742
  • IMG_0597.jpg
    IMG_0597.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 743
  • IMG_0596.jpg
    IMG_0596.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 742
One more - what it will hopefully look like....my wife and I did all the design work and then took it to our builders to bid and critique.

We are thinking about wrapping the decking around the shallow end - about 3 feet wide - we really like the look of the turf right up next to the pool, but our skimmer will be out in the yard :(

We will probably sod with Tif 419 around the pool - we have it around front - the old reel mower gets a workout!

Attachments

• final_persp5.jpg
    final_persp5.jpg
    455.4 KB · Views: 740
smccull said:
my wife and I did all the design work and then took it to our builders to bid and critique.

You sure have made a good job smccull. Colour of the waterline tile is something extra must be your wife's choice..... they have an eye for those things :goodjob: God they would have looked good with white plaster :-D

Yeah I really like the waterline tiles - we probably looked at 50 different tiles before that one just jumped out at us. I tried to get her to do white plaster or white pebblesheen - but we compromised with the aquablue - its a pretty light color and the tile seems to be a nice transition from the travertine to the water.

One of my biggest gripes about our last pool was that the water never looked refreshing - it had a darker pebbletec and was very pretty, but not refreshing.

My only complaint so far is the equipment layout - not sure what our builder was thinking, but it sure seems to me that the filter and pump could have swapped places and we would have had less pipe/fittings/turns, but I now have a big area for a SWG if I ever go back to salt.
Steve

Steve that is just what I look for in a pool aswell! A refreshing look. I don't know if it has something to do with that I wanna see everything that might hides on the bottom very clearly. Or if it beacuse the kick a** look the contrast between the white bottom and your tanned skin brings :mrgreen:
Just ingnore me Steve! I'm so shallow and vain :hammer:

The poolwater in this thread the-work-is-over-now-time-to-enjoy-t22093.html is what we aiming at.
Looking forward to see your combo!

EDIT: fixed the link

Looks AWESOME! Great clean install on that equipment pad.... make sure and find a good source for Jandy parts now though....few places carry them in this neck of the woods (awesome equipment just no one carry's the replacement parts for some reason)!!!!

Can't wait to see the finished product!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Melt In The Sun said:
[quote="Mr. Ed":3c9k0y2n]Looks AWESOME! Great clean install on that equipment pad....

I agree! Lots of space to work and good access to everything. Where do the skinny pipes go?[/quote:3c9k0y2n]

i bet that is the water features shown in the computer generated pic....that's going to look great.

Yes, the skinny pipes feed the 5 deckjets on the backside - they did individual runs with valves so we could balance each one.

We had a DE filter before and the water sure was clean, but our PB talked us into a cartridge system - I hope I don't regret it - we will see!

And a big yes on marking the lines!

I started out using the pool studio demo, but you can't save - ended up with realtime landscaping architect.....

http://www.ideaspectrum.com/index.php

Its good for getting the general layout, but not near as flexible as pool studio (at least for the actual pool) - but it was really fun working on it and trying all sorts of different layouts - we use the photolandscape feature on it as well - that is where I first saw it.

EDIT: I think I have the pro version ($99) but I would have to look at home.

Patio forms/steel are in. Bad news though, they had pressurized the plumbing and it had held for 6 straight days, however the concrete guys must have damaged a pipe when they were laying the forms or the cushion sand (using a bobcat to do it) - now it won't hold pressure - hopefully they will find the leak today as we are scheduled to pour the deck tomorrow and then plaster on monday.

Hopefully we are on track to have it at least full and circulating by the 4th.

Steve

Attachments

• withdecking.jpg
    withdecking.jpg
    272.3 KB · Views: 505
Thats a nice looking build you have going on there! Hopefully they will be done by the fourth!
Aqua Blue was in our top three, we ended up going with Blue Granite and this is the finished product. Just so you can compare.

patio030.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.