New Build in Texas with 45' Water Slide

brandon#

May 23, 2020
Austin, TX
Hi Everyone,

We are just starting our journey to become first time pool owners. We've selected our fiberglass pool, Trilogy Synergy (18,000 gal.) with a tanning ledge, and selected a PB. I'd like to get some suggestions from those of you with experience on the equipment. Our PB typically uses a standard equipment package that includes a Pentair Challenger pump. I'd rather to upgrade to variable speed, add a heat pump/chiller, and ensure we are getting quality equipment and not settling for the base model items.

I believe we may have thrown the PB a curveball by letting him know we intend to install a 45' slide from Dolphin Waterslides that requires 125-150 GPM. Is there a single pump that can handle the demands of the pool, tanning ledge spillovers, and the waterslide? Or would we be better off with 2 pumps?

Also why do PB's seem to balk at installing SWG's? Yes, I know they need to be replaced every 3-5 years, and the cost savings is then negligible. However, I'd rather not have to worry about storing/handling chlorine.

Our goal is to have something very similar to the picture below (minus the tall fountain on the tanning ledge)

If anyone has advice that coud help in this daunting process, it would be appreciated

Thanks!

Attachments

• Trilogy with tanning ledge.jpg
    Trilogy with tanning ledge.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 166
  • RB32-43-water-slide-specs.jpg
    RB32-43-water-slide-specs.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
Welcome to TFP! :wave: 45' slide huh? Well, in Texas it's all about "go big" right? To help you with that question of water hydraulics on the slide, I"ll tag @mas985 to see what he thinks. Looking forward to seeing your project develop. Keep us posted.

The Intelliflo XF or Whisperflo XF-12 may be able to handle that flow rate but it depends on the distance from the pump to the slide, the elevation change and the size of the pipe. 50' of 2.5" pipe, 22 90s and a 9' rise delivers a flow rate of about 154 GPM.

Reactions: Texas Splash
The pool equipment will be located on the opposite corner of the pool relative to the slide entry.

It will be near the shallow end close to the house, while the slide entry will be 32’ away from the slide exit and away from the house.

There is definitely a slope away from the house, so the 8’9” tall slide entry will probably be more like 10’.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.