New build in Seabrook, TX - Sewer Line Found

How did (or will) your PB resolve the sewer line? IIRC, one of the PBs we are talking to says they literally gunite it into place, and then once the plumber has the new line, they patch the pool before plaster. I might have a detail wrong, but I'm pretty sure this is what he said. He didn't seem phased by it, and I'm certain we have our sewer line in the way.

Yep, that's exactly what they do. Here is ours after gunite. Project manger said they don't want to disturb the ground around the pool prior to gunite. 1598970946913611383576830735094.jpg

Reactions: Travelguy73
Sewer line should not be a big deal to re-route. Just be sure they schedule 40 pipe and glue all the joints and put clean outs at every bend. You do not want to have to dig it back up especially if it is under your deck. I assume you are outside city limits so no inspections are necessary? You need to be sure they do it correctly. Your existing line was not installed correctly that is why they had to tape up the joints to keep it from leaking out. If it can leak out then roots can get in and clog the line.

You should also make sure they have dug down to virgin soil. That very black rooty soil in the left of the pic does not look like virgin soil. I am not familiar with your soils down there so I could be mistaken, however it is definitely worth your time to ensure they are on solid virgin ground.

Rich,
Thank you for the input! The project manager said it was done wrong and that it will be done properly when finished. That is virgin soil I believe, we have some nasty gumbo/clay around here.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.