New Build in progress - Gunite question

Oct 27, 2018
Dfw, TX
Hi waiting to hear back from the PB. We've had heavy rain for 10 days after the hole was dug and part of the dirt wall collapsed and the framing had to be repaired. Now that the gunite has been poured, there is a thin section in the problem area. goes from 11" to about 7" on top, and looks to be even thinner under the beam in some areas shown in the second picture, is this going to be a problem? if so is it repairable?

Attachments

• IMG_E0887_LI.jpg
    IMG_E0887_LI.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_E0888_LI.jpg
    IMG_E0888_LI.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 107
Hi, welcome to TFP! I'm not sure where your concern lies. Are you asking about the width of the top of the pool? Do you have a copy of the plans you can post, or describe what is supposed to be in that area when the pool is finished?

Thanks for the reply, just wondering if I should be concerned about the thin beam in the area and the wall underneath it. I have a physical plan but need to get it digital. There is nothing in that area just landscaping between the coping and brick wall

Well, to me, that is gunite and the thinness didn't happen during the rain. That was during the shooting of the gunite. So I would see what the minimum acceptable thickness is or what is promised and go from there. I believe my PB said it was supposed to be around 9".

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.