New build ideas

jbarcia99

Apr 15, 2019
NY
Hey everyone. New comer here. I am trying to decide what to do for my first pool build. I always had a pool growing up and now that I own my own house, I would like to put one up. Unfortunately space is really tight for me so I was looking at doing a semi-inground 12x20x52.

I am interested in eventually adding the pool to my home automation system, although that wont be for another year or two, and I'm not sure if it is even worth it due to the size of the pool. I am also interested in doing a salt system, variable speed pump (electricity is super expensive here) and cartridge filter, and a light. What else should I be looking at? What products do you guys recommend, can you include a model number so I can research it? How would you build it out if money wasn't an issue.

Thanks for your help...I don't know if what I'm looking at is too much for the size of the pool and just becomes a waste of money (ex. pump size).

Hello and Welcome to TFP!

Picking out your pool can be a daunting task. You have some good questions, but I think you need to start with some basics. Are you looking for a simple Intex type or hardwall pool?

Salt systems are a great way to chlorinate the pool. If not used, we recommend using liquid chlorine.
A VSP or 2-spd pump at minimum are a great choice to save electricity.
Do you have a budget in mind? Any of the name brand equipment will do the job for you. Knowing your budget will help offer some equipment.
Do you have a picture of the available area to install the pool?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.