New build, Houston (Cypress), Tx

So tonight around midnight, if you hear a long squeal of joy followed by a loud kersplat! Don't worry, it is just a slightly overweight 52 year old man giving the slide a test run. A couple seconds of joy followed with many aches and pains since there is no water, but I really want to give it a test drive.

KenGood said:
So tonight around midnight, if you hear a long squeal of joy followed by a loud kersplat! Don't worry, it is just a slightly overweight 52 year old man giving the slide a test run. A couple seconds of joy followed with many aches and pains since there is no water, but I really want to give it a test drive.
Haha! It's so tempting. My PB really wants to go down it too! (As do I, but I figured that went without saying!). It needs whatever the final finish coat is on it before it will be slick (I think it's a special form of epoxy but the guys today were quite coy about what it actually is).

All going well it should get water on Tuesday, be full sometime on Wednesday and hopefully all being well we'll be all finished by next weekend.
My wife freaks out at me because I'm walking around the edge of the pool, along the spa spillover and have been walking down the slide. At this point I think I'd be as worried about what the pool of water would do to my skin as the pain of actually hitting the bottom. It's a pretty nice brown down there right now...

cbink said:
My wife freaks out at me because I'm walking around the edge of the pool, along the spa spillover and have been walking down the slide. At this point I think I'd be as worried about what the pool of water would do to my skin as the pain of actually hitting the bottom. It's a pretty nice brown down there right now...

My wife refuses to watch anymore as I am constantly walking on the slanted top of the negative edge.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ken and TexSS thanks for the compliments. We are very happy with the slide. It looks great now it's all done.

Visitors always welcome! :wave: We live in a great little neighborhood and all socialize so there will be lots of parties/gatherings here (and at our neighbors houses). We've already started talking about doing a neighborhood crawl when it cools off a little and going from house to house and having drinks and little bits to eat and then end up at one of the houses with a firepit.

We got really lucky - we have great neighbors.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.