New build- Dallas, TX

4 months later and we're back to making some progress :) Was waiting for various things (including house brickwork) to be completed before continuing. Vital detail- in the foreground of this first pic, is where I'm going to route the robot line. Power supply will be on the wall on the right, line will go down and thru the PVC, and up and out of a box (looks like a smaller, round skimmer basket with a corresponding lid that we might drill a larger hole out of so that the connector at the box can be pulled all the way thru for removal). And then up and over just a short length of decking. I'm talking to the PB about routing a channel into the deck+coping so that the cord is flush.

poolsteel5_polaris.jpg

poolsteel1.jpg
poolsteel2.jpg
poolsteel3.jpg
poolsteel4.jpg

Reactions: BigPapaSmurf
I like the plan for the robot cord. Is the power supply for your robot weatherproof, or is there a plan for that? Most are not. Just wanted to mention that as if it isn't, or there isn't an installed weatherproof cover, the PS may get damaged.

--Jeff

Good question- I've had an M500 in the past and will probably be getting an M600/Active 60 which looks like it's got the same setup (I kept the M500 box out in the open year-round). But might get some sort of cover anyway to pretty it up.

Not sure what the proper way is to link another thread but here's the corresponding cleaner thread that's deep diving into it:
Robots- any alternatives to dragging the cord across decking?

Looks great! Curious to know who your builder is? They are using a similar build technique (Plumbing before steel, Pipes run under the pool and covered with flowable fill), to my PB which seems to be different from a majority of the builds I see on here, where plumbing is run around the pool, and plumbing is laid after steel has gone in.. I not really sure the benefits of either, just a different way of doing it.

Looks great! Curious to know who your builder is? They are using a similar build technique (Plumbing before steel, Pipes run under the pool and covered with flowable fill), to my PB which seems to be different from a majority of the builds I see on here, where plumbing is run around the pool, and plumbing is laid after steel has gone in.. I not really sure the benefits of either, just a different way of doing it.
Sent you a PM since I'm not sure if we're allowed to call out specific PBs here (I might be off base but feel like I see a lot of PMing of PBs as opposed to thread discussions).

Thanks! Not quite yet. Don't think it's allowed for at least 2 weeks. And still need the PB's stone mason to route the channel across the decking I'm going to run the line over. I will definitely post when it happens :)
We are using the same builder. They have not gotten mine yet and our plaster is cured. You may have to keep bugging them for it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.