New and Need Help With Hayward Omnilogic

KevJB

Apr 28, 2021
Atlanta, Ga.
Can't find answer for this question - is this the correct place?
I connected an additional temperature sensor to the Omnilogic panel and can't see its reading displayed anywhere.
It was connected to SENS4 (Ext input) and configured as described on page 34 in the Omnilogic installation manual.
I tested the sensor on SENS2 first and it read within 2 degrees F of the original so I know the sensor is working.
I then connected to SENS4 and configured as air.
Where and how can I see the temperature of this additional temp sensor? It currently does not show up at the panel or the phone app.
I want to use this sensor to monitor the inside temperature of my Omnilogic panel - it gets really hot in the summer time.
Any help appreciated!

I *think* that if you configured SENS4 as "Air", that means that the temperature from that sensor is going to be reported as the air temperature. In other words, instead of the air temperature being reported from the default SENS2, it will now be SENS4. This is just a guess based on my experiences when I was trying to troubleshoot some temperature reporting problems I was having with my Omnilogic.

I'm not sure you can get what you want (to get the apps to show the reading of this sensor separately). Maybe you can fool your system into thinking you have a solar heater that is disabled, and configure SENS4 as solar?

Reactions: KevJB
Thanks for your reply - gave me something to think about and try. I do think that the "Air" is still using SENS2 because it's reporting an accurate outside temp. I will do more testing to confirm. I am going to try your idea and configure as solar. I did order this as an alternate solution - it's WiFi and cheap.:

Govee WiFi Thermometer Hygrometer​

BTW - have you updated firmware to the R4 version yet?

Yes I updated the firmware on the MSP in March. Don't remember what version I was running previously, but the update did provide some nice features compared to my previous version. The most useful for me was now when you set a heater schedule, it will turn the heater on as well as changing the temp setting. This is nice because I like to run the heater for at least a few minutes every week, and during the offseason when the water drops below 65 I had to do it manually.

I updated mine and it seems to be working. Already got a notification to update to 4.01. Went to the panel and selected update from internet and it downloaded and installed with no issues. BTW - when I enter service mode, and go to sensors, I can see the panel temperature, air and water temps - all reading accurately. I just can’t get the panel temp to show on phone app or OmniLogic screen. Does your panel get hot?

I imagine it does since the wall on which it's mounted gets sun several hours a day. Honestly I never thought too much about it. I did have to replace the power supply (in warranty) and the MPP (sadly not in warranty; it developed a problem with temperature reporting for all sensors, including the salt cell).

If the temperature gets hotter than you'd like, what do you intend to do to mitigate that?

I’m tending towards a high static pressure fan like I have in my PC but powered by 120VAC. I have 2 spare relays in my panel to use. I will go this route if I can control the fan from the phone app. Hayward confirmed that the only way to view my additional temp sensor is through ”service mode” which is not a good solution IMO.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.