New AGP build - Intex 12x24

I used a matick, getting the pavers level was a chore. A water level was invaluable. Once the geound prep and pavers are done it is pretty smooth sailing.
I’m also currently trying to dig/level the pavers (16x8x4 side-by-side) for my 12x24 Intex and your paver pics are beautiful compared to my imprecise, uneven holes I’ve been digging. I’m even using all of the measurements for paver placement. But by the time I dig a wide enough, very roughly eyeballed level hole, I somehow keep ending up an inch below ground level, and an inch or two wider to get the two bricks to fit into in the hole.

I’m using a regular shovel and garden hoe. Do you think a mattick would help with the precision? If so I’m running out to Lowe’s and buying one today. I’m also trying to design my own water level before I continue today.

Also, how far past the pink foam board did your U-shaped metal supports sit after the pool was filled? I was originally going to place the pavers 3 inches past the 12x24 foam board all the way around the pool but it seems like the U-supports might not stretch out past the end of the foam board after water is in the pool. I’m instead placing the pavers half an inch past the 12x24 foam board, and hope the supports stretch that far once I fill the pool.

I’m also currently trying to dig/level the pavers (16x8x4 side-by-side) for my 12x24 Intex and your paver pics are beautiful compared to my imprecise, uneven holes I’ve been digging. I’m even using all of the measurements for paver placement. But by the time I dig a wide enough, very roughly eyeballed level hole, I somehow keep ending up an inch below ground level, and an inch or two wider to get the two bricks to fit into in the hole.

I’m using a regular shovel and garden hoe. Do you think a mattick would help with the precision? If so I’m running out to Lowe’s and buying one today. I’m also trying to design my own water level before I continue today.

Also, how far past the pink foam board did your U-shaped metal supports sit after the pool was filled? I was originally going to place the pavers 3 inches past the 12x24 foam board all the way around the pool but it seems like the U-supports might not stretch out past the end of the foam board after water is in the pool. I’m instead placing the pavers half an inch past the 12x24 foam board, and hope the supports stretch that far once I fill the pool.
I'm heading to the pool shortly, I'll take some measurements but the foam comes almost out to the pavers. I used the matlock because I was busting into compacted crushed stone. Once I got the paver where I needed it I filled back in around it and tamped the crush back in.

Reactions: NJSwimmom
@sammckin I hope it's okay but I used your pictures and drawings diagram in my post to explain what I was trying to accomplish. Your post really helped me out in the bind I was in..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.