New AGP 24' round, want deep center

Hi there, been a while since we posted, this time we actually have a pool to build! After debating for a few years we finally decided to go ahead with a pool here in central FL. Thankfully we found one and picked it up, a 24' round. We were able to dig a 2' deep hole for it, 27' wide. My husband is planning on installing a main drain... I told him I wanted a deep center because the kids like to swim in deep water, I was thinking a 6' circle in the center dished out to 2' deeper. Is this possible with a standard liner? From what I've read online, it is. Well anyway, so when he was digging the hole, he decided that digging deeper in the center is not a good idea, so he left it flat :(
I'm really bummed, the kids are bummed. Our dirt is good, hard packing dirt, can someone convince him it is a good idea to dig it?

You would need an expandable liner. If the liner is made for a 24 foot pool with the flat bottom, I'd be afraid the extra stress of trying to get it to expand in the hole would split a seam or pull it off the wall or something. Personally, I wouldn't risk it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.