New Above Ground Pool Install, Plumbing ? (heater, swg)

mag1

Jun 9, 2014
Greenville, Wi
Hi all, going from an intex to a dougboy. I have alot of work to do to reprep the site, level, ect..... So, I am trying to figure out where I want to put my pump, sgm, and sand filter, along with mostly hard plumbing the pool with pvc. The wife is also having me put in a heater. So, was thinking of setting it all up by my house. I have a spot that would work perfect, but it is maybe 10-15' from the pool. I am located in Wisconsin, so I have to deal with the freezing cold. I was wondering if I can run my plumbing under the ground, and if so, how do you do winter prep on clearing out the lines? The reason for this is I have a portion of lawn I would like to still be able to mow. (hence burying the pvc) If I did not have the heater, (gas line) I could set up the plumbing next to the pool.

Any suggestions? pictures of installs? or where I should look for more of this info? Thanks in advance.

I dug down and started to install my pipes underground.. no issues at all doing this with hard pipe and backfilling with dirt.. To winterize I have used a shop vac and a 2 inch air compressor setup.. the compressor works best :)

To use these you need to use unions in your setup..

For the pump I used these

Use Jandy neverlube valves

I also have unions on my SWG

Reactions: xpert66
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.