Jackson, Tn
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Solaxx (Saltron) Reliant / Purechlor R5
So I have been a member here for quite some time. Started years ago, with an above ground pool and used BBB method with liquid chlorine to maintain. I now have a SWG and feel like I am starting over. I bought a new taylor k-2006 / salt and am trying to reeducate myself. Things I do not understand is when people mention running at certain percentages with my SWG. I have a Solaxx CLG540A110v-020 40000 gallon swg shown by the attached image. How would I determine percentages based on the image below? I am working to get my CYA up to 60 based on what I have read here and what is actually recommended on the Solaxx.

Attachments

• Solaxx.jpg
    Solaxx.jpg
    558 KB · Views: 4
Welcome (officially) to TFP! :wave: In your case, the module appears to have a simple up & down button w/ indicator. So I would increase it to about halfway which should estimate about 50% output. Then adjust it from there as needed based on pump run time.

Reactions: larmor19
A couple more links in case you need them.

Welcome (officially) to TFP! :wave: In your case, the module appears to have a simple up & down button w/ indicator. So I would increase it to about halfway which should estimate about 50% output. Then adjust it from there as needed based on pump run time.
Thanks for the quick response. It seems to be a bit oversized for the size inground pool I have. It is designed for a 40k and I have around 25k. My salt ppm is within range it just hasn't show low salt since it was installed, and the contractor put about 9 bags of salt in it. My FC is also within range. I need to check total alkalinity. I wanted a variable speed pump, but they recommended not going that route and I have also read differing opinions on here.

I wanted a variable speed pump, but they recommended not going that route and I have also read differing opinions on here.
I don't understand that. :scratch: VSPs are becoming the norm nowadays. Many options to chose from and flexible operating speeds. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.