Need to remove wall fitting for pressure side cleaner - special tool?

Vinoveritas

LifeTime Supporter
Nov 10, 2011
Austin, Texas
Ugh...

Over the winter, we somehow destroyed part of the wall fitting for our legend cleaner. The plastic rim that sits outside the hole has ripped off and now there is nothing to grip to rotate it out.

Any idea about a tool that can be inserted into the fitting that can expand, almost like pliers in reverse?

Ugh...

Over the winter, we somehow destroyed part of the wall fitting for our legend cleaner. The plastic rim that sits outside the hole has ripped off and now there is nothing to grip to rotate it out.

Any idea about a tool that can be inserted into the fitting that can expand, almost like pliers in reverse?
A picture of the wall fitting would help....
I've used a "sprinkler repair tool" to remove broken wall fittings. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000I1RQZ8/ref=asc_df_B000I1RQZ85103610/?tag=hyprod-20&creative=394997&creativeASIN=B000I1RQZ8&linkCode=df0&hvadid=193139379506&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=4065726289490432885&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9030149&hvtargid=pla-310575304479

Life and photobucket got in the way of my response.

Here is the adapter that the Legend cleaner locks into. It is threaded and screws into a fitting on the wall but the "lip" has been torn off and now there is nothing to grab onto to unscrew the fitting so it can be replaced. Any ideas?

[URL=http://s62.photobucket.com/user/austinvines/media/IMG_0069_zpsfeypeunc.jpg.html][/URL]

The three photo links are the same picture?
If you're looking for something to turn the inside of the plastic adapter, try a large pair of channel locks.

If the two posts are still intact inside the wall fitting, there is a wall fitting removal tool available that easily backs these out. Conversely, you can take a 1 1/4 inch pipe and give it a few wraps of electrical tape so it fits snugly into the wall fitting. Then you sort of jam it in while turning the pipe counter clockwise. That usually works.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.