Need temporary fix/ SWG stopped production

ScottJ

Bronze Supporter
Oct 26, 2014
Pearl River, Louisiana
My 15YO Zodiac LM3 is not working correctly. Of course, I am about to leave town for a couple weeks. If I can't find a fix before I leave, what is the best way to keep the pool chlorinated until I return?

The control panel comes on but only the first of 5 lights that show the amount of production will come on. I can get the "super chlorinator" light to come on but I dont see the "aeration" inside the cell.

My current FC is 1.

15 years is very very good life.
Buy liquid chlorine and raise FC to at minimum 5ppm. What is your CYA level.
You may be forced to use some chlorine pucks in a floater but would like to know your CYA level.
Do you have anyone that can add LC every 2 days?

Reactions: PoolGate
I agree. Compared to other owners, my SWG has done very well.

I do have neighbors that can check on things.

Yesterday, I cleaned the cell, added some salt and a gal liquid chlorine. Put the cell back together and now have a small leak that allows the system to drain back into the pool. The original O ring has stretched out and may be the problem.

Anyway, this morning, the SWG is now working. Go figure

My current numbers are:
PH 7.2
TA 50
CH 40
CYA 50
FC 3.5

Thanks for chiming in.

I agree. Compared to other owners, my SWG has done very well.

I do have neighbors that can check on things.

Yesterday, I cleaned the cell, added some salt and a gal liquid chlorine. Put the cell back together and now have a small leak that allows the system to drain back into the pool. The original O ring has stretched out and may be the problem.

Anyway, this morning, the SWG is now working. Go figure

My current numbers are:
PH 7.2
TA 50
CH 40
CYA 50
FC 3.5

Thanks for chiming in.
Glad it’s working.
Suggest you follow the FC/CYA Levels recommendations.
If you are going on vacation, I would get FC at top of the range to account for any unusual weather while you are away.
It is always good to have a neighbor check on skimmers and water level while on vacation.