Need suggestions for leveling ground

vrclay

May 22, 2020
Northern Virginia
In a fit of covid induced desperation, I bought and above ground pool. I have a landscaper that is willing to help me level the ground. It’s not super slanted but our back yard is very bumpy and has some low spots. Can y’all spam me with any videos/techniques? He asked if I wanted to put sand in the slightly dug our are? Could we use landscape pavers/edging all the way around and fill it with some sand/gravel mixture? This pool will probably be taken down at the end of the season so The cheapest easiest option that will work is what I’m looking for.

You can certainly do a thin layer of sand over your level ground. If you do a paver or edging border, just be sure you don’t have anything sharp or abrasive that impacts the liner.

It's best the dig out the high spots and sit the pool on undisturbed ground. This is how I did mine this year: I used a tiller and a level taped to a 12 foot 2x6 to get my area really close to level. I got tired, so I decided to get the pavers in and level. I found my lowest spot and dug my paver into the ground. I moved around my circle making sure each paver was level to the next using a 4 foot level. Since I started at my lowest level, I'd have to scrape out dirt between pavers with a shovel so the level rested on the pavers. After I got all my pavers in the ground, I then went back to my circle and leveled it a bit more. I found it easier that way, ymmv. My pavers are perfectly level, but the middle isn't perfect. It's really close though and it works. There have been some builds on here where people have made a kind of sand box with wood, adn then filled and tamped sand and put the pool on that. If you are taking it down and want to do it as cheaply as possible, I'd just dig it down. It's not fun, but not horrible either especially if you have someone helping. Good luck

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.