Need quick solution to stopping open PVC

DeptOfMeteors

Jul 8, 2020
Ottawa
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-15
The network of piping at the exit of my filter (so the flow at this point only has to go through a bunch of pipes, the SWG and out to the jets) has this open piece of PVC, which used to serve these solar panels I've disconnected. Now, the open part is about 7' or 8' above the pump level, so I guess that means there isn't a lot of pressure, but there is enough that the water is coming trickling out. But since I don't want the floor of my pool shed to get wet, the lesser of 2 evils is not running the pump, which I so badly need to do. So I need advice to stop it up so I can run that pump again.

Best to post a picture.
If it is open PVC (no threads) put a PVC cap on it. You can use PVC glue to ensure no leaks.

Take a pool noodle - push it in the top but leave couple inches above pipe.
Take duct tape, or better yet, if you have an all weather tape that you may wrap on an exposed pipe.
Wrap on PVC and up and around exposed pool noodle.
Good Luck

Reactions: DeptOfMeteors
Take a pool noodle - push it in the top but leave couple inches above pipe.
Take duct tape, or better yet, if you have an all weather tape that you may wrap on an exposed pipe.
Wrap on PVC and up and around exposed pool noodle.
Good Luck
Actually, it's looking like that was the right answer. I was able to shove a couple of inches of pool noodle into it, then duct tape it. It's been several hours and the outside is as dry as a bone. Thanks!

Reactions: HermanTX
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.