NEED Pump Suggestion - 33k Gallon Pool - Current Pump Pentair WFE-3 - 3/4 HP

SirBrowning

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 18, 2013
Northwest Florida
My Pentair WFE-3 Whisperflo High Performance 3/4 HP pump is failing and it needs to be replaced.

I have a 20x40 33,000 gallon chlorine pool, no other features, spas, fountains, etc, just the pool.

I have a booster pump for the Polaris 380.

Filter type is a sand filter.

I have a tablet chlorinator.

What pump do you suggest as a replacement that would be best in regards to energy standpoint, reliability, and longevity?

Thanks!

How old is the pump? Why not just replace the current motor with a new one? Can upgrade to a two speed at the same time and save a bit on energy costs.

How old is the pump? Why not just replace the current motor with a new one? Can upgrade to a two speed at the same time and save a bit on energy costs.

I tried but the housing is so corroded that it isn't a possibility, it literally is falling apart just by touching it so there is nothing for the new motor to bolt onto.

So which 2 speed motor do you suggest? And does it require any special setup? right now I have the motor hooked up to a timer, do I have to replace that timer or use a special timer if I get a 2 speed?

Thanks again!

Nearly any low HP 2 speed will do but here are a couple of favorites:

Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP 340042

Hayward MaxFlo XL SP2307X102

IF you want a timer to control the speed, then you would need a two speed timer. If you are ok with a manual switch in the back of the motor, you can special order that.

Also, both models come in a VS version if interested. It costs more up front but if your power company gives rebates, it can be worth it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.