Mississippi
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi new here but not new to pools. I have had my in ground pool for 18 years and have always maintained it myself with no problems other than an algae bloom but I am at my wits end and want to just throw my hands up!! I have a 20x40 36000 gallon vinyl pool with a SWG. We redid our pool last year, replaced white metal coping with travertine coping, replaced all the concrete and added some more patio space to get rid of so much grass, and put in a new liner. Sometime during last fall/winter my husband, who might I say does nothing with the pool doesn’t even swim in it, saw a tik tok and thought putting pieces of copper in the skimmers would help with algae. Never told me anything about it but this is where I think my problem is stemming from!! We had a super hard freeze for Mississippi and not at home and our sand filter froze and split down the side. I decided to wait and replace it when I opened the pool for this season. The pool was green at the beginning of spring so i did what i always do and got all the debri i could see out with a leaf eater that attaches to a hose, added a floc I used revive, vacuumed the pool and then shocked! When the pool cleared i had some light spot stains here and there and my pool steps and skimmers were stained!! All I can think of is when I shocked the metals chelated and deposited on the liner and plastic. I scoured the internet looking for a solution and tried some stain removers that didnt work and then did the culator metal remover kit. I bought 2, followed the directions and it worked like a charm the stains disappeared almost immediately amd stayed that way for about 2 weeks but have come back with a vengeance and its getting worse by the day!!! I am close to the end of the 30 days I am supposed to wait before I raise my chlorine levels above 1 ppm like the directions say so right now my chlorine is around 1ppm, my ph and alkalinity are w/in normal range, my hardness is reading around 160 so a little low. I do have the little culator pod in my main basket by the pump. We don’t have well water but have had problems with some step stains in the past but they have always cleared up on there own with just balancing the pool and i would spot clean with a magic eraser. The step stains are awful now. i think its changed the color of my liner. i have a royal blue liner and my water is always super blue but it is a different shade of blue if that makes sense, looks like a dingy blue to me. The majority of the liner stains are around the seams where the walls meet in the shallow and where the slope meets the wall and floor in the deep end with some small spots here and there. Then i have this huge stain under the return jet in the deep end. I will post pics. Any help on how to get rid of them for good would be greatly appreciated!!! It is sooooo hot here and it has rained almost every day for two weeks. I really need to shock and get the chlorine up before i have a major algae bloom but im scared to shock and make it even worse. Please help!!!47B907E8-48C8-45A8-B126-1A79C642EC80.jpeg707E467C-9B6F-405F-A120-BED40204C258.jpeg

Attachments

• CB5785E4-9648-485C-9419-2A02EC9BDDA7.jpeg
    CB5785E4-9648-485C-9419-2A02EC9BDDA7.jpeg
    694 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.