Need help reading PH level

Thurston

Bronze Supporter
May 19, 2017
RI
I know my PH is high, but how do I figure out how high it is?
Here are my numbers:

CYA 45
FC 0
PH - see below
TA 60

PH is high, so I think I need to take care of this before slamming, right? I've never needed to adjust the PH so advice would be helpful. The test result was very red, off the chart that gies up to 8.0. It took 5 drops of R-0005 to adjust the sample to 7.2 where I think it should be. How do I read this?

Assume it is 8 and treat with muriatic acid. Let that mix for an hour or so and then re-test. It might require an additional dose of muriatic acid if it was actually over 8.

Use PoolMath to tell you how much to add. Have you used that before? Great program.... found at the top of the page.

Holler back if you have more questions.

Maddie :flower:

Using pool math, the muriatic acid will also lower my TA from 60 to 50.5. To get it back up I need to add baking soda which also raises PH slightly.

Should I adjust the amount of acid to acount for the rise in PH when I add baking soda?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.