Need help first time set up AG Intex Easy Set 18 x 48 pool

Poolmomof2angels

Jul 14, 2020
Apex, NC
Brand new pool in box but based on instructions I’m afraid I’m missing some parts or have duplicates. I have two strainer grid pieces but no rubber washer to place against the inside of the pool next to these strainer grid pieces. Also both 2 piece strainer things look the same so am I missing an intake or an out take piece? Also, am I missing the rubber washers for inside the pool?The pool came with the hoses and filter pump. Just seems like I’m missing washers and can’t find any current videos or explanations for a 2020 Intex easyset pool this size. Thanks for ANY help!

You shouldn't need any gaskets or washers - - the end of the strainer goes in the tube leading to the hose on the outside and is held watertight by the hose nut. The strainer go on the inlet openings, if which you should have two, lower down on the wall than the outlet.

What does your pool look like and what do your fittings look like? For example, I had two rubber short hose looking things sticking out of my pool, the strainers for the pump inlets had little tubes that fit inside, and the hose fit over the rubber hose thingies with a hose clamp outside.
IMG_20200715_193445500.jpg

My return had a threaded nut on the outside, and I'm pretty certain a rubber washer on the inside, but you weren't talking about that side.
IMG_20200715_193511514.jpg

You shouldn't need any gaskets or washers - - the end of the strainer goes in the tube leading to the hose on the outside and is held watertight by the hose nut. The strainer go on the inlet openings, if which you should have two, lower down on the wall than the outlet.
Thanks - I was confused because the washers are shown in their diagrams but not on the Intex video.

What does your pool look like and what do your fittings look like? For example, I had two rubber short hose looking things sticking out of my pool, the strainers for the pump inlets had little tubes that fit inside, and the hose fit over the rubber hose thingies with a hose clamp outside.
View attachment 153153

My return had a threaded nut on the outside, and I'm pretty certain a rubber washer on the inside, but you weren't talking about that side.
View attachment 153154
Thx for the photos. Yeah, I’m talking about the inside of the pool in your first picture. The instructions list a washer for both of those holes on the inside of the pool next to the strainer thing. But it - the washer - isn’t shown in the instructional video that Intex has for 18’ plus size pools.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.