Need help deciding on pool finish colors

gbuzanski

Feb 25, 2022
CA
As you all know trying to decide which color finish to go with can drive you crazy. Hopefully I posted this in the right forum space. Unfortunately when we went to the Adams showroom they didn't have any samples of either Mediterranean or Kona to send us home with. My PB is trying to find some pools for us to see in person with both of these color choices. Adams describes Mediterranean as Light Ocean Blue and Kona as Dark Ocean Blue. They also said that Mediterranean is one of their most popular finishes now. I know that clouds/sun will impact how the color looks and we are looking for a deeper blue but I don't want it to look like a lagoon. We have a 10x10 tanning ledge with 15" of water and the pool depth is between 3'6-6'6. Our backyard is south facing full sun with no shade. I'm hoping someone has either of these colors and can provide input or pictures. Thank you!

Just finished our pool build, and that was the most difficult part. Yes, do go and look at as many pools your builder can send you to. What I found was that "where" the pool was located mattered most. In other words, my final color, Tahoe Blue, looked more as pictured when pool was out in the open. But, at a pool that was between close houses and near privacy fence, it looks like dark lagoon color. So, take that in mind when viewing a pool, as it may not represent what it will look like in your full sun yard. Shade really impacts, causes lack of, color. Overcast still gets rays and has minimal impact on color for me.

Reactions: gbuzanski
Just finished our pool build, and that was the most difficult part. Yes, do go and look at as many pools your builder can send you to. What I found was that "where" the pool was located mattered most. In other words, my final color, Tahoe Blue, looked more as pictured when pool was out in the open. But, at a pool that was between close houses and near privacy fence, it looks like dark lagoon color. So, take that in mind when viewing a pool, as it may not represent what it will look like in your full sun yard. Shade really impacts, causes lack of, color. Overcast still gets rays and has minimal impact on color for me.
Thank you! This was very helpful. Our friends also got Tahoe Blue but have a privacy fence close by and it appears more gray. However when they were getting their fence replaced and it was down, the color truly looked as pictured.

Thank you! This was very helpful. Our friends also got Tahoe Blue but have a privacy fence close by and it appears more gray. However when they were getting their fence replaced and it was down, the color truly looked as pictured.
Our PB was very helpful in arranging visits to new installs they had done, and, folks with new pools love to show them. I suggest anyone at this decision stage do the same if they can. We were trying to stay away from turquoise colors, but I'm thoroughly convinced now that if my pool had been mostly shaded from the rays of the sun, we would have had to go with something much lighter, almost white and out of the greys (which produce blue in sun ray - grey without), to get any pool water color at all.

would it be possible for you to post a pic of your pool? we are strongly considering Tahoe blue but not sure if it is blue enough. If emailing me is easier [email protected] would work too. Thank you!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.