Need advise--pool coping & stamp colored

utmom

Bronze Supporter
Jan 2, 2017
Utah
We are getting close! Concrete starts Monday. We are interested in doing a stamped concrete around our pool and decking (a simple stamp--like a fractured slate pattern). We do NOT want any sealer, so it it wont be slick etc...I know that changes the look a bit, but we're going for low maintenance and low injury :)

We are doing an auto cover, it's a flush mount, so it will sit in the concrete and it will be gray. We have travertine type waterline line tiles and it runs up on a raised bond beam--lots of variation. I'm thinking of doing the stamped border, a little darker, and then a broom finish deck--or maybe opposite?? I'd love to see what you've done--if you selected anything like this. Should we do all one color? Should we do a lighter or darker border? Did you do something similar and you love it--or would you change something? I'd love your input!

I've seen numerous poured concrete copings with separate concrete decks. I always think the ones with darker coping look the best. I think that is a very pragmatic approach which will also get you a nice looking end product.

Yes, this is what the concrete guy recommended too--I think it will look nice. I'm wondering if the rest of the deck in the stamp, and lighter finish would look nice or if it would be a bit much. I always overthink! haha!!

We have done several where the first 2' is darker with a stamped finish, then the rest is just gray broom finish. Like this as it draws your eye to the edge of the pool. Cuts down on trip and falls

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.