Need advice

linda1

Mar 26, 2010
Western Pa.
I was planning on replacing liner in May when weather is warmer. It had no holes or leaks when closing. Today we took the winter cover off to find less than a foot of water. I checked under deck and it was flooded. We found a hole in the bottom of liner. I know you shouldn't leave a pool without water so that wall won't cave with wind. We have our the bottom of deck surrounded with landscaping cloth and I feel it might be ok. Adding picture. What do you think? Our weather is going to drop into the 30's at night and high of 40's this coming week.

Attachments

• 20220424_172416.jpg
    20220424_172416.jpg
    396.5 KB · Views: 32
I ordered a liner this past winter in anticipation of changing the liner this summer. Main problem is the cold weather we are to get. Calling for snow this week. There was only a few inches of water last night. I really don't want to patch and fill just to drain again in a week or two when weather is nicer. Just wondered if walls will be ok with the the protection of the landscaping cloth we have all around the bottom of the deck? Top plates are on.

As you noted, the biggest issue might be the walls trying to collapse inwards with no water to support. Not sure if you have the means to get creative and try to support those walls, but that could be helpful if the winds kick-up in your area until you get the new liner.

Reactions: linda1
Pool has drained down to less than an inch of water. Will it be safer to leave the liner in or to remove it? Our weather is terrible and I have no idea when it will be warm enough to put the new liner in. Any thoughts appreciated!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-04-25 125651.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-04-25 125651.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 2
With the hole in the very bottom, the pool is completely empty, but still standing. It is 29 degrees this morning. The warmest day coming up will be Saturday with a high of 66, no rain. Do you feel that would be warm enough to install new liner? I'd love to cut the liner out to check for rust so it could be taken care of before liner install, but afraid that might make it easier for walls to cave if it gets windy?

Attachments

• 20220428_083920.jpg
    20220428_083920.jpg
    490.5 KB · Views: 6
When I did my pool I installed the liner on the low 60s. It was difficult to work with, but not impossible.

The issue I had was trying to keep it wrinkle free when filling as the water was way too cold to stay with my feet inside. Again not impossible but very very unpleasant.

Reactions: linda1
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.