Need advice after "opening" pool

Just wanted to post back now that it's been over a week for the SLAM process. The water is nice and clear and the OCLT passed with flying colors. Also the CC was 0.5 so SLAM officially done.

So a few days ago I decided to move on and add salt to the pool so I can get SWG up and running to start our swimming season. Well so far it seems I've hit another road bump. Check my salt level after a few days and I am too high (4300 ppm) when I should be 2700 to 3400. Not sure WTH happened this year as I used a little less bags at 3.5 instead of the full 4 bags I used last year. I did use a different kind of salt this year (water softener salt instead of pool salt) but didnt think there would be a big variance between salt companies.

I guess I have to drain a little water out and add some fresh well water to dilute some of the salt content. And of course that is going to throw off the rest of my numbers (cya, pH, etc). Is what it is I guess....
and the malfunctioning intex SWG will still give you "low salt" error code LOL

Reactions: tech_east
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.