Need a UV proof cover to go under my winter safety cover.

May 30, 2012
Allentown, PA
Hello,
I'm looking for a Winter UV cover that goes under a Winter Safety cover. My winter cover is about 95% UV resistant. I remember reading on here that they make a cover that is like a solar cover that blocks sunlight to prevent algae growth in the offseason. I don't know what the product is called or where I could order one from. Is anyone familiar with this product, and or, have a link to where one could be purchased from? Thanks.

Close later and open early. No need to go though this much work for a 95% cover that is effective. Use Poly-Quat if you are concerned. I know someone who has a quality cover like yours and we close mid September and open last week of April to a algae free pool. Within 24 hours of pump running, water is crystal clear.

Hello,
I'm looking for a Winter UV cover that goes under a Winter Safety cover. My winter cover is about 95% UV resistant. I remember reading on here that they make a cover that is like a solar cover that blocks sunlight to prevent algae growth in the offseason. I don't know what the product is called or where I could order one from. Is anyone familiar with this product, and or, have a link to where one could be purchased from? Thanks.

Sitting on the black cover will be about 6” of green sludge.

Hi guys sorry about the delay I forgot that I posted this thread. I close about Oct. 15th and Open April 15th in PA (once water temp is getting 65ish). I had a 100% solid cover for the past 12 years and I liked it but it was really heavy to lug around. I bought a mesh safety cover that is about half the weight. Anyhow, I open to a cloudy pool not much algae usually. Usually about 3 days to get the water looking pretty nice. I figured it would help to prevent any sunlight, so I was looking into ordering a cover mate. The top cover allows water through and the cover mate floats on top of the water just like a black solar cover, so any water on top of it should drain along the walls. Sounds like these have good reviews and are cheap insurance being that I can get an 18X36 for $95. Any Thoughts? Thanks.

Doublewide:

If you close and open as you indicate, the probability of a green pool is slim to none, even with a mesh cover. You can purchase an inexpensive cover, or covers and place on the mesh cover (leave some opening for water drainage) until December 1st of the year. Then you can remove, and wait for the snow. Once the snow melts in the spring, or late winter, you can place the cover back on again for a month or so (on top of mesh) until you open. Secure cover tight. I wish we took pictures of my friends pool when he had it. We ensured this would not happen.

The difference is the quality of the mesh cover. There are real high end covers and low end covers, and this does make a difference. Given your situation, do not waste your time or money and go with the new cover. Even if you had algae in April, the pool would clear up in about 2-3 days.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.