Natural Swimming Pool (NSPs) build

Jets and return screens

Getting ready to install fiberglass pool soon, question on drain and or return screens.

Any know requirements and or recommendation on specific equipment parts.

There are a few different jets to use to direct the flow within the pool any recommendations on those as well?

Who's good online for these parts at good prices?

tks

Nova13 said:
A few notes

Hygiene
• Pool introduction/guest
• w/out sunscreen - 0.6mgP/C
• w/ sunscreen - 45.6mgP/G
• Bacteria introduction/guest
• w/out a shower 1.2*10^5 E. coli
• w/ a show 2*10^2 E.Coli

For ecologic/self-purifying ponds, de-nutrified soil needs to be taken for the plants to prevent the possible growth of algae.
Coconut fibre growing medium is best used to prevent soil from being spread around and to sometimes to let the plants root in.

So, how does the pool address Hygiene? Bacteria and E. coli? I don't see anything that really works on that. Coconut fiber is great for bacterial growth, lots of surfaces for biofilms to form on. I don't think you get to pick which bacteria inhabit a filter however.

Easy enough to keep fish out though they can arrive as eggs on the feet of water birds. How do you keep ducks and frogs and so on from adding waste to the pool? Just recalling the lady from Georgia who got flesh-eating bacteria from a pond. FWIW, a friend living on Lake Conroe warned me that we do not feed the ducks for the build up of duck waste leads to that flesh-eating bacteria.

I could guess that while you may welcome nature into your natural pool, that pooping problem could cause a bacterial bloom that would go unnoticed. While public pools (hopefully) address the need for expensive testing on a regular basis. I wonder if it will make the news when that referenced pool in a low-income area begins to skip testing in favor of other maintenance needs. It will take some sort of injury or illness that is then tracked back to the pool. Quite an expensive experiment for public funding.

This is not big pond for ducks etc. there are natural ponds all around us that large and we see a few hang out there.

I don't expect any.

Frogs sure they may come, but their bio load is negligible.

What ever bacteria the de-nitrification type bacteria in the pond doesn't use will be addressed by the UV filter.

I will run water tests to see what the levels are.

Well talk about delays in a planned project, building permits took 3 weeks, and a bunch of other time related setbacks.

Anyway pool was delivered this past Thursday, been making adjustments to the dig plan I received a while ago, installed skimmer and bulkheads today.

Installed 70amp sub-panel with #6 wire thru attic.

Waiting on auto fill bought a really nice one made by pour a lid, $60.

Yesterday bought about 800 sq ft of pavers to be delivered next week.

Need to wire a control unit, using http://www.mydtcstore.com

After the pool is in the pond to aid in the all Natural pool will be built.

too bad I can't load pics here

really fascinated by your NSP. we bought a house with a pool already, but if we hadn't, i would have researched the heck out of NSP (with my husband fighting me every step of the way)
so, i'll live vicariously through you - look forward to seeing pictures and to hear about all the progress you'll be making!

Been busy pooled filled and filtration running good over a week

14781d1369863272t-jimbos-pool-install-all-natural-no-chlorine-sam_0792.jpg

Pond to left of pool test running thru pool, few issues with pump size being too small so needed to exchange to larger now looking ok, but still not 100% sure of flow thru..

14783d1369863272t-jimbos-pool-install-all-natural-no-chlorine-sam_0795.jpg

All Cypress pergola now going up around pool and existing lanai will open up into it giving an additional 500sq ft to the 360 sq ft lanai for a total screen enclosed pool lanai area of almost 900 sq ft

14782d1369863272t-jimbos-pool-install-all-natural-no-chlorine-sam_0794.jpg

14786d1369863769t-jimbos-pool-install-all-natural-no-chlorine-sam_0788.jpg

The post & beam structure is hefty, posts full 4x8, all the wood is treated with a uv stain almost natural, rafters should be up today tomorrow hopefully, goes a bit slower on a DIY project.

Ps: these beams are really heavy, two man lifts.

14787d1369863792t-jimbos-pool-install-all-natural-no-chlorine-sam_0796.jpg

Pond plants next week.

Need to take pics of pump filtration system soon, it's different than what's commonly used.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Looks really nice Nova13, and a very interesting concept too. Can you tell me the amount of UV radiation you actually treat the water with, compared to the UV radiation supplied by the sun? I'm interested in the scale of the thing. Thanks and good luck.

Tom

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.