St George, UT
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
This morning, under a clear blue sky and dead calm winds, I saw the shadows of many ring-shaped ripples on the floor of the pool. They looked much like those ripples formed by rain drops, however there was not a cloud in the sky. I also looked for bubbles coming from the returns, which sometimes occur with the SWCG, and understanding that due to the low angle of the morning sun, the shadows could occur far from any bubbles. I found none. No bugs on the surface of the water. The only thing remarkable about the morning was a construction crew pouring concrete on the lot next door, 150 ft away. Thoughts?

Attachments

• FF425806-9CD9-4607-8D77-6BA5EA9A9881.jpeg
    FF425806-9CD9-4607-8D77-6BA5EA9A9881.jpeg
    459 KB · Views: 24
Do you have any trees nearby?

We have several clients that have "mystery ripples" in their pools. Much like rain, but on clear days. Wind varying.

It took me a few minutes the first time, but I eventually realized it was the honeydew from the aphids in the nearby trees dropping into the pools.

Could that be your source?

Do you have any trees nearby?

We have several clients that have "mystery ripples" in their pools. Much like rain, but on clear days. Wind varying.

It took me a few minutes the first time, but I eventually realized it was the honeydew from the aphids in the nearby trees dropping into the pools.

Could that be your source?
No, no trees. Seismic disturbance from the heavy construction equipment 150’ away makes the most sense so far. Haven’t observed any additional ripples other than those from known sources such as rain.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.