Mystery object in my new Pentair chlorine tank

Mar 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I was having some trouble with my Pentair acid tank and pump and I just decided to buy a new one after attempting to fix a couple of the replaceable parts. Somehow, I screwed up and purchased a Pentair chlorine tank and pump. After some research, I believe it is the exact same set up, except for the stickers. I contacted the supplier and the RMA process seemed a bit of a hassle so I decided to take the stickers off and install it. I had to splice the cord as it was a different size connector. Got it up and running. Everything seems good except I have a mystery floating red piece in the tank.

It looks like a screw plug as one end is open and one end looks to be closed and it is threaded. I looked at the schematics and did not see anything specified. Does anybody have any idea what this is and does it create any issue if I just leave it in there? I do not want to have to disassemble the top portion of the tank to remove, the mystery object. The downside is I do not want the acid to eat the plastic and have it clog up the system. I could always wait until the system is almost empty. Fill it with water so it raises up to the top grab the plug and then remove the water.

Thanks!!