My WaterGuru Sense testing

I've had a Water Guru for about 2 weeks now. It's been testing every day, as scheduled. My PH reading is matching my Taylor K-2006 reading pretty spot-on. However, my FC tests have been off by 2-3ppm. The WG is testing between 4 and 5 ppm and my K-2006 tests are coming in around 7 ppm.

They told me to ensure the cassette was facing the skimmer opening and was as far away from the pool wall as possible. This morning, I actually did a manual test at the same time the measurement happened in the WG, from water in the same location (in the skimmer). Same results (WG was 4.1, manual test was 7).

Also my flow is always low - around 4 gpm. I'm not sure what to make of that. I don't have a real flow meter on my pool.

I said I was giving up last month. And I asked for the return labels, which I got quick. I didn't send it back though as I had a string of good days. Now I'm beyond 45 days and we'll see if they'll still take it back.

This afternoon I received an alert that I had no chlorine in the pool. What?! Checked it yesterday, all good. So I did a quick test. I'll let you decide.

WG.jpgTest.jpg

They're taking it back. So +1 for them on that. I really wanted to love this.
I also really wanted the Sutro Smart Monitor to be a hit, too! Promises that it would truly test chlorine electronically! Huge! Unfortunately, it didn't pan out. Went same direction as WaterGuru, but for MUCH more money. Can't imagine they're successfully selling for $700 plus buying the cartridges.

They're taking it back. So +1 for them on that. I really wanted to love this.
I also really wanted the Sutro Smart Monitor to be a hit, too! Promises that it would truly test chlorine electronically! Huge! Unfortunately, it didn't pan out. Went same direction as WaterGuru, but for MUCH more money. Can't imagine they're successfully selling for $700 plus buying the cartridges.
Yeah, I don't know that I am that impressed with it. Like other "new" technology, there is a lot of growing pains and being an early adopter means...well, you know. I am way past the return window, but I don't think I will be buying any additional cartridges when I run out of the ones I have. The FC readings are all over the map and seem worse since they sent the new device to replace the defective one. I am paranoid enough that I have been testing my FC everyday...so that tells me the WG isn't of much value to me.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.