Bronze Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
Tampa area, Florida
Pool Size
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
It's not even July yet. I don't have aeration except for my return. I have my Polaris 65 hooked to it all the time. how do you guys and gals cool down your AGP besides aeration?

My water is great and I keep a close eye on it, it's just starting to get too hot.

Aeration is the only option unless you want to spend a lot of money and buy a chilling unit plus the power to run it.

Well actually if you have solar heating panels you can run them at night and that cools the pool as well.

How about something that reflects heat away! I know this is far fetched, but think about a car with the windows closed. Temps can reach 160 or greater. Now the trunk, that is closed. Temps are not the same. Some sort of shade mechanism. Even a big umbrella may work or something hand made. I will put a thermometer today in the trunk to actually see what happens (just as a test).

My water never stays warm enough and am now back to working on a heater (gas vs. heat pump). Only need a few degree's.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I love using my solar panels at night. Last year our pool was hitting 100 and no one wanted to get in but my hubby. I ran the solar panels all night and it dropped it 8 to 10 degrees and, like you said, you can use the same panels in the winter to warm your pool and extend your swimming season.

I bought one of these the other day since the price dropped to just over $12. Keep an eye on the price - it seems to fluctuate quite a bit so you might get it when it swings low. I think it is about $17 while I am posting this. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0026MTCOU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 It puts out a pretty good spray with my pump on low speed. I just put it in the pool yesterday and have not been in there but the grandkids like it and say the spray water is "cold".

35193449040_e484fe9583_c-1.jpg

35541584536_bf9f8e7716_c-1.jpg

34771380193_7b7612033c_c-1.jpg

I went ahead and purchased this for now. I keep my Polaris 65 hooked up all the time now on my 1 return so I'm going to have to attach and reattach when I want to use the Polaris. Right now I run my pump for 4 hrs at dawn and 2 hours at dusk. I will switch it to 6 hrs at dusk instead. Pooldv, I will keep a sharp eye on my PH. I will probably still add a solar panel later this year. I had originally thought it wouldn't be worth it for Florida, but now realizing it can cool the pool also it seems like a no brainer!

You guys and gals rock, thanks for all the options! I will report back on the fountain.

I bought one of these the other day since the price dropped to just over $12. Keep an eye on the price - it seems to fluctuate quite a bit so you might get it when it swings low. I think it is about $17 while I am posting this. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0026MTCOU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 It puts out a pretty good spray with my pump on low speed. I just put it in the pool yesterday and have not been in there but the grandkids like it and say the spray water is "cold".

35193449040_e484fe9583_c-1.jpg

35541584536_bf9f8e7716_c-1.jpg

34771380193_7b7612033c_c-1.jpg

Well, we had quite the thunderstorms last night with lots of rain. My pool cooled off to a more comfortable 98. The fountain should be here soon and I can't wait to see how it does.

I might have overdesigned but I guess we'll have plenty of room. Now if I could just finish the beast. At least it is nice and cool with low humidity ... HA!

Make sure you update your build thread when you get done. I love looking at all the different setups people have.

The fountain came today. Super easy install. I'm going to run it from about 1am -6am tonight to see how it does. It was 100 again this afternoon.

Attachments

• IMG_1036.jpg
    IMG_1036.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 166

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.