My TFP. And the Perfect Storm.

Ecoke

Bronze Supporter
May 18, 2017
Ocala, FL (Central FL)
Just a proclamation of success to all the newbies on here wondering if this really works. I finished my 1st slam 11 days ago and my pool has never been clearer. I waited nervously for our rainy season monsoons (Central Florida) to start back up, wondering how it would effect my water etc. well in the last day and half I have received a shy under 2 1/2" of rain. I have been watching it closely...checking levels...and well..I survived! Water still is clear as ever..chemicals have not jumped all over like I was expecting..and best point is I have not done my usual post-heavy rain run to PS to get water tested and load up on chemical fixes. My only need is to drain off about 3 1/2" of water to make room for today's rain...which will also help lower CYA from 70...Woohoo...I am FREE...as in Trouble Free Pool!

If you wonder if it works..stay the course...keep aiming for the prize... and listen to the very helpful folks!

IMG_1082.jpg

Admit it... you miss the days of loading up your credit card with jugs of Phosphate removers, algaecides, and clarifiers besides those buckets of shock powders and pucks. :mrgreen:

You've got this. You know your pool's chemistry now, and you know how the dilution is going to affect things for the better or the worse. If I was into contemporary buzzwords, I'd suggest you have been empowered, but I'm not, so I won't.

You are soooo right Richard...Just like I miss poking sticks in my eyes. I will admit to chuckling under my breath...ok..sometimes outloud when I read the newer then me newbies posts about hitting the PS and getting suckered into MANY $$ of Hope in a Bottle to fix what ails them and their pool. I was sooooo there more often then I like to admit...(owned this sucker 18 yrs)...The only bottle of fix this pool will see now is an adult beverage or 3....that fixes my mood! :p

:kim: Awesome! Refreshing isn't it?!?!

Can I encourage you to step in and encourage some of those newbies? Too many think they can muster along with pool store tests and half following our advice. I often think they would listen better when someone who just converted to BBB stepped in and told them how well it works.

- - - Updated - - -

I just realized I used the word encourage twice in the same sentence. :crazy:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.