my sta-rite Pentair sr333lp got hit by lightening (?)

pkm

Jul 18, 2019
westwood,MA
so my 2012 Sta-Rite SR333LP got hit by lightening . Actually electrical panel to which it is connected. Still, it and the pool vacuum and the panel "fried".
Replaced whatever needed replacing electrical panel, pool vacuum too.Pool vacuum vacuuming again. As for The Pentair heater the fuse and transformer were "kaput" so we replaced those two, and the volt selector. Pool people had a "spare" control panel, which they switched for good measure, just in case...still nothing happening. No response at all from the heater. No power reaching it. Any ideas please?

My equipment was hit by lightning 2 weeks ago. Several panel breakers were fried, regular outlets were fried, 2 timers fried, SWG fried, but luckily my pump, heater and robot are fine.

Can you list all of your equipment, brand model, voltage, subpanel info? What exactly is this spare "control panel" is the an electrical sub-panel, is it a brand of automation control, if so the name and model and voltage.

Is the heater electrical going straight to the subpanel or is there something between the subpanel and the heater like a timer or automation controller?

If there is nothing between the heater and the subpanel, and you still don't have a power reading at the heater, something is wrong at the subpanel. The "spare" controller is the suspect. They should be able to check the subpanel breaker for the heater to see if power is getting to the heater's breaker.

If power is at the heater's breaker and power is arriving to the heater, and the heater is not working, something is wrong with the heater.

Make sure the heater is connected to an appropriately sized breaker

Hi. It took me a while to realize you were replying to me..sorry! the date threw me off! The control board, is the Pentair Sta-Rite SR333LP Control Board Panel. that's where the on/off buttons are, all the electronics etc..
I am not an electrician, sorry. Had one here. Then the pool people twice. Now waiting for the propane people next week who supposedly might be able to...In the meantime, I am buying spare parts, paying right and left and wondering if it will all add up to maybe the price of a new unit ? I have been following instructions in my manual, electrician too. STA-RITE SR333LP - Manual (Page 35)
the one for the SR333LP that's it.
I am grateful for your response and help.
Pat, aka pkm

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.