My skimmer doesn’t work?

TomTom1298

Jun 22, 2019
Netherlands
Howdy. My skimmer is not getting below water level to fill (getting water over the edge to fall in the cup).

I’ve already connect 2 x 3500l/h pumps to hope the waterflow will be higher, but it still doesn’t fix it.

I’ve seen a YouTube-video where someone tapes some holes in the bottom of the skimmer. Will this help for me too?

See my image I’ve added below.

loosen the nut that attaches the skimmer to the bracket (the part that points down into your pool), and lower it until the blue ring floats a bit.
Mine floats about 1.5" above the white part.

USb2l12.jpg

My pool is not even close to that. Ive managed to add some ductape. I’ll show what it does now.
loosen the nut that attaches the skimmer to the bracket (the part that points down into your pool), and lower it until the blue ring floats a bit.
Mine floats about 1.5" above the white part.
Where have you placed it? On what side and how far from the inlet from pump to pool?

I also flipped the gasket that is INSIDE the body to be on the outside, so that when suction is active, it closes it.
I remember now (it has been about 3 years since this skimmer has been in place).
The picture I uploaded is with my 2 speed pump on LOW, which is LESS than 3500l/h.
Let me get some pictures of the changes I made.
They have been worthwhile.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I also flipped the gasket that is INSIDE the body to be on the outside, so that when suction is active, it closes it.
I remember now (it has been about 3 years since this skimmer has been in place).
The picture I uploaded is with my 2 speed pump on LOW, which is LESS than 3500l/h.
Let me get some pictures of the changes I made.
They have been worthwhile.
Just to make sure. Gasket it that white part with the holes inside. You inserted it up-side down?

Ignore my grammar, as I’m Dutch ?

Dutch works!
I cut out the dome of plastic because I was tired of cleaning it all the time.
I now have to clean my pump basket more often as a result, but I can live with it. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.