My Pool

Jun 19, 2010
Heflin, Alabama
I have been installing my AGP since mid-june. I found it on craigslist for $400.00. It is a Johnny Weismuller Aluminum pool. It is being installed on a slope that I had to dig out about 24" of rock(have pics of rock piles to prove it) in some places. My question is, The wall has a bunch of tiny holes, about the size of a bb, and I have been taping these up as I find them with aluminum tape, about the same thickness as a coke can,(will this be ok??) I also plan on taping over all of it with duc tape so if it has any sharp edges the liner will be protected. It also looks as if the wall is corroding in some places, I was wondering if spray paint would help stop that( do you think it will, surely it wont hurt). Also I was wanting to backfill around the pool, but I do not want it to collapse in the future if I have to change my liner, would it be safe to backfill with the same material I removed from the site?? Anyway sorry for the long winded post and so many questions at once, just really nervous as this is my first project like this. Thanks in advance for all suggestions/help.

Backfill against pool wall with rock-----------NO
Aluminum tape and duct tape--------------YES
Sand rusty spots, prime, and look for a product called Spray Galv or Cold Galv at Lowe's and such. Rustoleum if you can't.

Have Fun!

woodyp said:
Backfill against pool wall with rock-----------NO ---------- I meant the dirt from the rest of the dig, not the rock
Aluminum tape and duct tape--------------YES--------I kinda figured that would be ok, that aluminum tape is some good stuff, just kinda pricey.
Sand rusty spots, prime, and look for a product called Spray Galv or Cold Galv at Lowe's and such. Rustoleum if you can't.----------These spots are not rusty as the pool walls are aluminum, they are just spots where something has been "eating" the aluminum and I was wondering if anyone had this issue in the past and how did they deal with it

Have Fun!

Thank you for your reply

Mine is buried 2 feet and backfilled with the red clay that came out of the hole mostly, just bust up any hard clumps you have so you got soft stuff up against the walls was my point. That aluminum might just need some buffing?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.