My frankenpool

Hey thanks Agent99, much appreciated.

I have been chlorinating with 1/2 gallon of 12% from the pool store every Saturday. But with the amount of rain we have been getting I guess it just needs the pucks to keep up. My chlorinator has an adjustment and with as much testing as I do (its free at the pool place and I go there often lol) I will just have to maintain my balance by adjusting the chlorinator and or amount of tabs I keep in there along with liquid.

I just added my 1/2gal chlorine Saturday so it must have been only for the past day maybe that it went to 0. But with this much rain and overflow, I am sure it is just flowing right back out.

Thanks again guys.

Just sharing my experience thus far with anyone else who may have similar setups and or issues.
You should test and add liquid chlorine daily. A half-gallon of 12.5% in your pool will raise FC 12ppm. If you lose 3ppm a day, in three days you will be at or below your FC min for 30ppm CYA.

Dom

You should test and add liquid chlorine daily. A half-gallon of 12.5% in your pool will raise FC 12ppm. If you lose 3ppm a day, in three days you will be at or below your FC min for 30ppm CYA.

Dom

Okay, thanks. Still a work in progress. With your guys expertise and the pool calculator hopefully I can keep it up. I will not be closing the pool for the winter since we really do not get that cold here and we have always swam during the winter at friends/families houses before we got our own pool.

Updated a couple photos. New ladder and power setup. Switched to a 2-speed and wow is it more quiet, so much nicer being able to talk to someone out there without yelling lol...

On my next drain or build I will definitely be putting the pump pad over by my well pad. Would look cleaner and probably not hear it as much over there. hindsight

rain has ZERO to do with chlorine use, its an old pool store myth that just isn't true. rain is just good old purified water. no different than filling it with a clean water from the hose. it can lower temperatures and may affect pH slightly, but that's it.

Rain can pick up contaminants from the atmosphere, no? I would think it could introduce undesirables into the pool water that might consume chlorine. Rain might also wash things from the deck and yard into the pool, I would think (for an in-ground pool).

Rain can pick up contaminants from the atmosphere, no? I would think it could introduce undesirables into the pool water that might consume chlorine. Rain might also wash things from the deck and yard into the pool, I would think (for an in-ground pool).

no, rain water just dilutes your pool slightly, very slightly. if you have a 4 foot average depth pool and you get 2" of rain (pretty good amount), your pool gets diluted by 4%. if your FC is at 6ppm, its now at 5.76ppm, not even enough to show up in testing.

if rain is blowing in leaves, debris, etc...well that's a different story, then yes, those can cause chlorine consumption, but rain itself has no effect. im not sure why this pool myth is still so prevalent.

I would think bathers would bring in more contaminants than rain ever could.

Run-off from the yard/deck into an IGP would be an issue for sure.

Dom

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.