My first pool and want to get it set up and balanced right

You bathe in the same source water.

True, just wanted to make sure with it turning green (I think from the chlorine oxidizing it) that it was safe. Swam in it for a bit and just got it. Water feels great and didn't burn eyes much. Gotta say, the TFPC method has worked great so far and the water had turned out so much better than with Clorox's app. Just gotta deal with this iron from the well water now.

Hi lightmaster.
Do you hapen to know your well's iron level?

On well you'll want to do a startup dose of Metal Magic, (or Jacks Magic, but Metal Magic by proteam is a bit cheaper at Poolgeek.com, for example, and is the HEDP type we recommend.) this will both clear the tint, lift fresh staining usually, and most importantly sequester your iron.

In the mean time, you can try to filter some of tint out as mentioned with poly fill, and/or hook up a submersible pump with reducer filter like a 10" Pentek blue filter housing with a 25 to 1 mcron reducing fiter (check amazon.) Some folks with wells like to use this to also pre-filter water top ups...but it will not get all soluable iron even when its down to 1 micron...but it still helps reduce concentration over time from additions. One other filtering product that seems to help above ground pool owners with wells is http://www.slinebag.com - This can be added to a return line if you buy the attachment.

I use both the Pentek as a pre-filter and sequestrant. I also use the house water softener on my fill line, which is now plumbed to the outdoor pool spigot. Hope that helps.

Pool was left sitting over night and with the filter running, and when I got up this morning, the pool looked a little clearer, however there was a a bunch of greenish brown stuff sitting in the bottom of the pool. Could this be the iron settling, or a sign of algae starting to bloom? I noticed a half dozen boatman bugs in the pool, which is why I thought it could be algae. Don't know how FC is remaining steady, tho

K. Currently, the vacuum that came with the pool requires you to connect a garden hose to it to force dirt and stuff into the bag, which means adding more iron into the pool to vacuum up the iron already in it. Gonna be buying a skimmer that you can attach a suction vacuum to, but in the mean time, might try to attach a long hose straight to one of the filter intakes and use that to get it all up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.