My experience with Pentair and Maytronics/Dolpin with my beach entry pool

I have a feeling by using the cord as a stop gap measure to limit its travel you then will be faced with an eventually premature floating cable problem and the replacements aren't cheap.
Can you expand on this? Are you just saying the cable could fail due to the strain of the robot pulling against it? I guess I'm getting mixed up on the terminology, will the floating cable have a problem or is the problem a floating cable? :unsure:

Does this robot have a floor only setting? If so that may be the only reasonable option. At least when u are unable to babysit it’s operation.
This was my thought as well, my Dolphin S300i does so I'd hope their top of the line does as well.

For the OP, with their newest revisions is the only issue it rolling up on its back like your picture or does it still try to drive out of the pool and still get stuck on the short walls in the beach entry? I agree it should be completely unnecessary to modify a $1500 robot but I'd probably try to fab up some kind of wheelie bar just as you mentioned.

Can you expand on this? Are you just saying the cable could fail due to the strain of the robot pulling against it? I guess I'm getting mixed up on the terminology, will the floating cable have a problem or is the problem a floating cable? :unsure:
So if it were to be stopped by the length of the cable/wire/floating cable, at the point when it reaches the end of its travel by limitation of the wire it will put undue stress on the very same spot on the wire, right where the wire exits the plastic casing of the robot. Letting that happen time and again will cause the conductors inside to break at that spot.

Reactions: Auburn02
Sorry guys guess I need to check my settings, to see why I am not getting notified of comments.

Floor only did not work for the Prowler or the M600 booth still had the same two issues. I know my pool is far from standard in design, which is why I tried to reach out to Maytronics before making the purchase of the M600.

Limiting the cord would end up restricting access to about 50% of my pool and kinda negates the usefulness of a robot. I already brush the sundeck and beach area that is white so I am OK with continuing to have to do that. That was expected when I went with this pool design.

Maytronics sent me an OASIS Z5i to try. I got it Monday and finally had a chance today to run it. I ran two 2.5 hours cycles and not a single issue. The Prowler and the M600 would fail after about 20 min. So needless to say I will keep the Z5i. It is a discontinued model, cheaper then the M600, and has less features then the M600. However I am not sitting by the pool waiting for it to get stuck and then fix it.

If I had to do it again I probably would have did more looking at the in-floor cleaning systems. I allowed my pool builder to talk me out of it because of his feelings about them. With my pool design it probably would have been a much better investment.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.