Northlake TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
My Pool build started on May 23 and equipment has arrived. Hope we made the right choices and looking for input. I updated my signature but here is what we have....
Pool Equipment

Pentair FNS Plus 60 DE Filter

Pentair WF 2HP 2 speed pump

Hayward PL Plus Total Pool Management

SWG T Cell - 15 Plus

Here is my link..Northlake, TX New Pool Build

Thanks in advance to all and Happy Memorial Day!!

Everything looks good except I don't know what the Hayward PL Plus Total Pool Management is. Run that pump on low most of the time for more efficient filtering and much less electricity.

Thanks pooldv...I opened the box and it looks like a big panel that will go up with other things for automation. How do you like the black onyx, is it too dark, is the water a deep blue? Since you are a moderator can you take a peek at my link in the signature line and provide feedback? Much appreciated sir!

I love all my pentair products and would never give them up by why the split? It seems your PB prefers Hayward electronics so ask for a Hayward pump that has "smart" interface to the fancy pool management system. http://www.poolsuppliessuperstore.com/Pdfs/5632-brochure.pdf

Please do some research on this and push him on a complete system. You will get so much more out of it in the future. Even if there is a slight upgrade charge, it's pennies over the whole project.

Very good advice jasong...I will look into it.

- - - Updated - - -

pooldv - I did look thru your pics and the wife likes so we are considering it....thanks!

DV - do you think the Black Onyx (I will more than likely use Diamond Brite) will make the pool water too warm in the Texas heat? We will have full sun all day with no shade trees. We are not sure what trees we want so it will be at least another year. The family all agree on the dark colored bottom. Thanks again!

To add to jasong, if you can get a hayward vs pump so you can control rpm's. Btw, I have a Hayward Prologic controller and like it. Lot more than the Pentair Suntouch I had before.

Also, I recently replaced my DE filter with a cartridge filter and am glad I did.

My DE filter was a little undersized (36sf) for my pool (@24k gallons). This meant frequent backwashes (every 2-4 weeks). Which meant more make up water and make up salt. With your 60sf filter for your 20k pool this may not be the issue, plus you have a pretty tree-free yard based on that other thread. I have a lot of trees.

But you'll still need a place to dump the dirty DE backwash, and it will lower your levels. Also, with the positive reviews people give cartridge and sand, buying and handeling DE seems antiquated. I think DE gets undue praise for "sparkling clear water"..... but that's more attributable to good chemistry than the filter.

But that's my take, don't let me scare you if you had your heart set on it. :cool:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Dark bottomed pools do soak up a little more heat than light bottomed pools. Our pool is shady and we have solar and a heat pump to keep our pool warm in spring and fall. We use our solar panels to cool the pool in August by running the panels at night. You can also cool the water by running a four tain, which will raise you pH so keep an eye on it.

Thanks dv...I ordered my TF-100 test kit yesterday...back to dark bottom pools...do you think dark bottom will have a negative effect on colored pool lighting? Just hope I am not wasting money on the lights and only really doing it for the grandkids....

We just have a regular 500w light. It works fine. There are lots of strange myths about dark bottom pools like you can't see the bottom or snakes or lights don't work. All false. The light hasn't been on in years because it is a bug magnet. We turn on lights away from the pool area that light up the pool area so that bugs are attracted to the lights away from the pool.

Test kit just arrived. Should I test my tap water to see what will be going into the pool? So excited even though my build is delayed for a few days due to weather...
fullsizeoutput_1785.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.