My Daughter the Pool Snob

I think it funny that people are so stuck on the bleach thing. A friend of mine has a pool as do I and an rv as do I as well. He has no problem sanitizing has fresh water holding tanks with bleach but refuses to put it in his pool.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

My 10 year old is definitely a pool snob now. And he likes to run the FC/CC tests and get me water samples.

As for bringing over people to the TFP way I've been somewhat successful. I just converted my fence contractor who remarked how clean the pool was...and he was a former pool guy for the largest supplier in our area.

My intro to folks when we get to talking about it is "Yeah, I follow a different approach. Saves me a ton of money, removes the headache, and I never have to go to the pool store, but it goes against anything a pool store employee has ever told you." And I stop, and wait...and they say "What, tell me about it..." LOL. But I also tell them, if they aren't committed to doing it this way, with frequent checking, don't do it, that they may be better off mortgaging the house to pay for their pool chemicals.

We've had our first pool up and going for approximately four days, and I can already tell you I am a pool elitist....I seriously doubt that I will be getting into anyone else's pool at this point. Lol! My friend set up a pool about a month ahead of me with SWG, and they run to the pool store all of the time because the "testing is free", you know. Told me how I'll need to shock it once a week, etc. That's why I research, research, research. It will always save you $ in the long run!

After we bought our house (with our first pool), but before we had it in swimming condition, my daughter went to a pool party at a friends pool. They use a SWG, and she said that the floor was slimy and slick (but it wasn't green)*. She wasn't wild about that, but it didn't stop her from going in. Now that she's a bit more educated... I suspect that she would decline.

* SWG pools aren't SUPPOSED to be slimy and slick, are they?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.