My can of POP is about empty (or rain, rain, go away!!)

My impression of the sand is that it is of lower density. Which only means it weighs less than regular sand. You shouldn't have half the "amount" in the filter. The level of sand should be the same as if it was regular sand.

As another suggested, bump your chlorine up a few ppm's over shock level. That way, you won't fall below minimum shock level when you do lose chlorine between dosings. And especially overnight or if you can't be around to re-dose.

reminder--regarding my filter, I have the ULTRA sand (which calls for half amt as reg. sand).... Again, could this be part of the problem? As my previous post, it only fills half of the filter tank....

ultra-filter-sand-t49575.html This link is a thread about sand and this current thread seems to be about sand as well. I am having trouble following the conversation.

Add this thread tf-test-kit-in-1st-test-results-t49759.html and it becomes difficult to follow your "story"

Keeping all of your posts under one thread is the best way for people to find your past information and understand it quickly so they can help.

I have the same pool as you and I was feeling the same way. I even have the larger 2650GPH pump/sand filter combo. It took it probably close to 2 weeks to get all the way clear. Added liquid bleach every day just like you and let the pump run 24/7. I'd run the pump about 2-3 days then turn it off for 8-12 hours just so it could rest. Once I could finally see the bottom, I could barely tell an improvement each day until it was finally clear. Once it got clear, mine has been crystal clear since. Be patient.

Also, be sure you have good flow and are not getting any air into your pump. You should have no air (or at most a very small air bubble) in the top of the strainer basket assembly that is at the pump inlet. If you are getting air into your pump, it will be pushed back out into your return in the form of tiny bubbles and this will also make your pool to appear more cloudy than it is. If it's hard to tell, an easy way to test is shut the pump off for a couple of hours and see if your pool looks more clear with the pump not running. If so, you are probably pulling air into the system.

Thanks Donnie for letting me know you were in the same situation. This evening I got rid of my ULTRA sand and replaced with old-fashioned pool sand. So now if the pool doesn't clear up, I'll know at least its not that... Continuing to keep at shock level and running 24/7. Let's see how it looks in the morning. If no change, I'll try your suggestion....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.