My BC_2_CC BaquaCrud to Chlorine Conversion

Hey Jason,
Thanks for commenting.
So I shouldn't change sand until CC loss of .5
Do I REALLY need to have 2 days in a row?
Uhhhh...it's the kids, yeah the kids are impatient (LOL!)
I have been adding Clorox only in the evening since Thursday night.
What's your opinion on ZEO-Sand?
Are you familiar with it and does it have advantages over "regular" pool sand?
Is my pH OK for now at 7.6
Thanks again

Don't worry about the PH, you are measuring the PH with the FC high, so the number isn't reliable.

You can replace the sand and add CYA when your overnight FC loss is 1.0 or less. Then you continue at an FC of 15 till CC is 0.5 for two days, or more than 24 hours. You could actually swim as soon as there is CYA in the water and CC reaches 0.5.

Saturday 10:30pm
I have not Cloroxed since Friday night
I sampled & tested @ 9:00pm

Test Results:
Sat_03_9p
FC .5
CC 2.5
TC 3.0
*Note: when adding R-870 powder to 10ml pool water sample there was a nearly unnoticable change to a very faint pink tint. Thus the very low FC result? I lost nearly all FC since my last Cloroxing?

Saturday 9:00pm
I dosed (4) 182oz Clorox

Saturday 10:00pm
Test Results:
FC 16
CC 2.5
TC 18.5
T/A 110

Yes, it is normal to lose almost all of your chlorine to sunlight during the day when you don't have any CYA in the water.

The sample will be a very faint pink to start when the FC level is extremely low to begin with.

So I fought the temptation of changing my sand and adding CYA today.
Though I did go out and purchase 100lbs. of GEO Sand and 3 gallons of LIQUID CYA.
I'm assuming the liquid would be better and more immediate than dissolving granular and needing to re-add.
The liquid came in at around $33/gal.
I bleach-bathed all my brushes, skimmers, brushed the pool walls down and hand vacuumed what little sediment had settled down around the seams of the vinyl liner. The Polaris is still soaking in a mild bleach solution. I will be taking that apart and cleaning it well before I dare introduce it back into the pool. I wound up adding about 1 1/2 gal of Clorox to the pool during my clean up.
Below is a recap of my water test results.
Monday morning before 7:00am I'll have an additional test to post.

Sun_01_8a
FC 11.5
CC 2.5
TC 14
pH 7.5
T/A 120

Sun_03_10p
FC .5
CC 1.5
TC 2.0
pH 7.3
T/A 90

I dosed (3 1/2) 182oz Clorox jugs

Sun_04_11p
FC 16.5
CC 2
TC 18.5
pH 7.8
T/A 100

Monday 7:00am
Here are Monday morning's results:

Mon_01_630a
FC 14
CC 1.5
TC 15.5
*I did not test further

You are almost done! Keep shocking though! You ain't finished yet! :whip:

As soon as your CC hits .5, you lose less than 1 FC over night and your pool sparkles, you can change out the sand and add the CYA!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.