My AQR-15 Rocks!

JoeRJGR

Jun 19, 2013
Freehold NJ
I have a 38,000 gallon pool and flip/flopped between wheter I should go with a stenner system or a SWG. The last few years I just manuually dosed with chlorine, but its tough going away for any length of time. I was leaning toward a Stenner setup just because the pool was so perfect with just bleach, but that still involved lugging bottles of bleach back and forth and constant water testing.

While most people recommend oversizing their SWG system, after a lot of research I felt that wasnt an option for me because I really wanted to stay with Hayward. So IU figured I may have to manually dose once a week or something, but would be able to leavve the pool for sveral days at a time.

The AQR-15 has exceeded my expectations. I installed it before starting the pool for the season, and after about a week of getting the chemistry and salt levels perfect I put it on.....

I set the SWG at about 90 to start with and 3 weeks later I have it dialed in at around 50%, with a run time of 8 hours and FC is rock solid at 5%. I need to up the CYA up a little to have it in the range recommened by TFP as it is currently at around 40 ppm. After that I may be able to cut it down below 50%.

Being on the east coast and having a rather mild summer so far has probably helped, but thus far this is the best thing I have done to the pool. I can leave it for weeks at a time with no worries.....

That's terrific to hear :) Congratulations and great decision.

Always be above the bare minimum of 5% and using the target of 7.5% provides a buffer for hot sunny days with more swimming, and a sparkly pool all summer. It sure is easier to do with a SWG!

I'm still debating Stenner vs. SWG. Pros of the stenner is that the way my set up is like now, not sure I could fit the SWG without some major retubing (tight space). Just wondering what the chlorine demand will be. I'm in San Diego with full sun on my pool. Maybe bump the cya up to 60 to reduce chlorine needs.

I'm still debating Stenner vs. SWG. Pros of the stenner is that the way my set up is like now, not sure I could fit the SWG without some major retubing (tight space). Just wondering what the chlorine demand will be. I'm in San Diego with full sun on my pool. Maybe bump the cya up to 60 to reduce chlorine needs.

I'm in Florida with sun all day (but weakened by screen) I'm using the 40K t-15 with an 11K pool running 20-25% for 5 hours a day maintaining a CYA/FC 80/5.5-6 Like the OP my SWCG rocks and mathematically at this rate my cell could last me 15 -20 years...

Hi-Jacked

Anyway, I used 1 gallon of 8% chlorine per day July---Sept. before the SWG

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.