Clermont, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
After reading many posts about the AA treatment learning everything about the process I started my AA treatment yesterday. The pool was about 90% covered in iron stains. I tried to start 2 weeks ago but I could not get the chlorine to zero in time. CYA at 60. It seems I only lose about 1 PPM/day. Reset and wait to try this weekend. I started algaecide on Tuesday when CL dropped to 4,, Added Maintenance dose on Thursday. Finally got chlorine and PH low, Levels at 3 pm yesterday....

FH .25 (1 drop)
PH 7.2
TA 40
CH 225
CYA 60

With the filter on circulate, I started with 2.2 pounds of AA sprinkling it around the edge, going heavy on the darker areas. This worked mainly on or close to were I poured it in. After an hour added another pound the same way, big difference. Added the rest of the second 2.2 pound bag and 2 bottles of the canning stuff from the grocery store. I spent from 3:00 to 4:30 doing this. At 5:30 the stains were only about 70% gone. Disappointed thinking the stains would all be gone with as much AA I used.
At this point PH is at 6.8 or lower, CL is zero, filter still bypassed. At 6:30 added 2 quarts of Jacks Pink Stuff. Checked PH at 10:00, 6.8 or lower and called it a night.

This morning was a nice surprise, the stains were about 95% gone. Only small amount of the heaviest areas remain, very light though. As of now, the PH still at 6.8 or lower. Not sure if I should raise it to 7.2 or leave it alone till I start to add chlorine this afternoon. The water is still very clear.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.