Muriatic Acid quality

View attachment 538140

A & M PUMP & POOL SUPPLY LLC

View attachment 538141

Address: 2980 N 73rd St, Scottsdale, AZ 85251

Phone: (480) 945-6371

Yeah, I saw that. That's their "corporate mailing address" so who knows ... seems like everything pool-related these days is just a bunch of LLC's playing middle-man with the big suppliers and retail customers. No facilities, minimal brick & mortar addresses, just convey an order from the manufacturer to the retail shop and grab your cut of the money ... the MA was probably manufactured in Mexico somewhere behind some random tortilla shop ... along with all the spare parts for Ford and Chevy pickup trucks ...

Reactions: DanF and JamesW
Thanks. The color threw me for a loop as well. Yes HDX is Home depot brand. I got the 2 pack Balance carton like I always have for 4 years now. I do use about 16 ounces a week so it's going back today. Thanks for the input JN and the iron comment. Love this place.

Thanks again for everyone's comments, suggestions and feedback.

I changed email providers and they are tough on allowing forum message notices, even though I have "provided safe domain notes" in my junk folder. Just now seeing these comments....

From the board, I learned that MA is pretty impartial to external elements, unlike CL which is highly susceptible to heat, etc... I keep both CL and MA in our utility room since 2015 and never had an issue w product or surrounding materials.

My testing reagents are fine and new. Since the HDX bottles are white and you cannot see the product, maybe it's hard to ascertain if it's yellow or not when pouring. I think Lowes sells ChemTeK. I will give than brand a try.

Sometimes when I pour my MA, it steams. I am assuming stronger acid will steam more, but since it reacts to H2O, the more humid it is, the more it will steam too.

Thanks again to all.

Last edited:
Sometimes when I pour my MA, it steams. I am assuming stronger acid will steam more

Yes, that's what hydrochloric acid does from a certain strength on, that's normal. Just don't breath the fumes in, check the wind direction before you pour.

I keep both CL and MA in our utility room since 2015 and never had an issue w product or surrounding materials.
Muriatic acid should be stored away from chlorine and any other chemicals. In addition, keep it away from metal.
Many of us store ours outside, in a ventilated container (trash can, deck box, etc.) and away from anything metal.

Even though you might think a 'sealed' muriatic acid container is sealed, the seal is ventilated as well as the bottle cap.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I get it from eKonomy Pools. They are pricier than HD at almost $13/gallon. They used to be supplied by HASA but the manufacturer is different now. I’ll have to grab the name off the bottle tomorrow …
Thanks for the reply, I picked some up from economy Pools two weeks ago, it was HASA and very yellow looking, although they didn’t have much of it in stock, hopefully next time I get some it will look like Vodka 😀

Reactions: JoyfulNoise
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.