Muriatic Acid at Home Dept

I think you meant 20-Baume which 31.45%. Yes, the stuff I get is sold as 20 Baume but if fuming is any guide (which it isn't really), then it's stronger than the special "Desert Blend" stuff they sell at LPS which is also marketed as "20 Baume" and cost $12+ for a disposable 2-pack.

I recently wanted to drastically lower TA so I needed a bunch of acid. But typically a 4-up of one gallon containers will last me more than 4 months. I hardly use any acid over the winter months or when I cover my pool.
Ahh, yes, I meant 20 Baume 31.45%. I was too lazy to look it up I guess.

I wonder if the extra fuming is caused by transferring containers. I know when I measure it with a measuring cup it fumes more than if I pour directly into the pool.

Anyway, I certainly understand. I used 8.5 gallons so far this summer between aerating to lower my TA and then adding a bunch of borax and acid to borate my pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.