Multiport Valve Gasket Replacement

OlioDev

Jun 5, 2019
Muskogee, Oklahoma, USA
My multiport valve isn't working correctly. Water is leaking out of the valve when the pump is running, and some water still comes out of the return jet when I'm trying to vacuum to water (most of the water seems to disposed of properly). I believe I need to replace the spider gasket. I feel fairly confident that I have the knowledge and ability required to replace the gasket myself (the task looks fairly easy in the YouTube videos I've watched) -- if I knew what to buy.

When I bought my house, it came with a pool, so I've had to learn things incrementally. I know that I have a Purex Triton Nautilus FNS DE filter because it has a label. But the multiport valve didn't come with that kind of label (or it has worn off), so I don't know the model (or even manufacturer). The original label that showed which position was which had worn off, so I bought a "Pentair" sticker to tell me which position is which. It seemed to line up perfectly, so if I'd have to guess I'd say it's likely a Pentair model. I did find this cryptic symbol on the bottom today (I wonder if that means something):

I'm thinking about taking apart the multiport valve and measuring the existing gasket, and using my measurements to guess which one I should buy. Since the part is fairly inexpensive, I'm willing to take a chance with buying a gasket that might not fit my equipment. (I've disassembled the valve in the past, but I didn't think of measuring the gasket then. And I was able to address a previous leaking issue without replacing the gasket. But I have a more severe leak now that I hope will be fixed by replacing the gasket.)

I'd appreciate any tips. Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.