Multi Position Valve Trouble

Bruno2

Jun 1, 2018
Broken Arrow , OK
My MPV is not sealing right. No matter what position I put it in water runs out of the discharge pipe. I had to install a valve on the discharge ladt year to run it. I bought a new top thinking it would solve the problem, but it didnt. I am thinking something is keeping the lower portion from seating correctly.

PoolGate

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 7, 2017
Damascus, MD
It is called the "spider gasket". You can get a rebuild kit for your valve that includes all the major wear parts.

Bruno2

Jun 1, 2018
Broken Arrow , OK
It is called the "spider gasket". You can get a rebuild kit for your valve that includes all the major wear parts.
It has a new one. I changed all if that last year trying to fix the same problem. Needless to say having the exact same issue with a new Pentair top and new gaskets was a little frustrating.

PoolGate

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 7, 2017
Damascus, MD
It has a new one. I changed all if that last year trying to fix the same problem. Needless to say having the exact same issue with a new Pentair top and new gaskets was a little frustrating.
You'll need to open it to check. Chances are the gasket is misaligned. Some of them are supposed to be glued in.

Other Threads of Interest