Bronze Supporter
Apr 7, 2022
Minneapolis, MN
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I’m a new spa and pool owner and a big fan of Poolmath. I’m using 3-step bromine method in my spa and have one question re dosing. In other posts chemgeek shares that to get MPS dosing from poolmath, simply double the dichlor dose amount. One caveat is that it assumes 43% MPS. Most of the brands I see online and in store are 36% MPS. My farmers math tells me I should be doing -2.5x dichlor dosing amount from Poolmath to compensate for the concentration difference. Wanted to confirm that here. Thanks!

This one is a bit outside my wheelhouse, for the reason I'll talk about below. However, that math is likely close enough. I don't think MPS has any weirdness to it that would require more advanced calculations.

That said, despite the guide including it I would personally recommend against regularly dosing MPS. MPS contains sulfates that will build up over time and can damage the metal in your heating element and the fiberglass shell (if you have a fiberglass tub). Liquid chlorine would be the best option. If you do stick with MPS make sure you regularly change the water to prevent the sulfate level from getting too high.

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.