most efficient and quiet 1hp or 1.5hp pool pump

As stated above, the most energy-efficient option is a VS pump. Pureline has a very economical 1.65 total HP option, model PL2605. Unless you take some flow away from the return jets, this pump will have to run at a higher speed to maintain your current flow.

Your C1200 filter is a single cartridge system. If cleaning the filter every six weeks is cumbersome, you may want to consider a quad cartridge system. You could go months without having to open it up and clean.

i went with the pentair super flow vs 1.5hp. just finished installing it. right now I have the speed set at 1700 rpm and it puts water through the jets and does the falls. i can actually go even lower on rpm if i open the water fall valve more and retard the jets. the way i have the 3 way valve set up on the falls i can go 100% falls or 100% jets or any amount in between so that helps a lot. the pump is very quiet at 1700 rpm. I LOVE THE QUICK CLEAN FEATURe on this pump. I manually vacuum the pool every few days in place of the using auto pool cleaner (manta) and its nice to just press a button to blast off to full speed to quickly vacuum and then press the 1st speed control button to go back to my 1700 rpm. i have it set to run 24hrs a day for the time being so i just have speed 1 set at 1700 and it timed to run 24hrs. i may change that later. today i like how everything turned out.IMG_0666.jpg

i went with the pentair super flow vs 1.5hp. Just finished installing it. Right now i have the speed set at 1700 rpm and it puts water through the jets and does the falls. I can actually go even lower on rpm if i open the water fall valve more and retard the jets. The way i have the 3 way valve set up on the falls i can go 100% falls or 100% jets or any amount in between so that helps a lot. The pump is very quiet at 1700 rpm. I love the quick clean feature on this pump. I manually vacuum the pool every few days in place of the using auto pool cleaner (manta) and its nice to just press a button to blast off to full speed to quickly vacuum and then press the 1st speed control button to go back to my 1700 rpm. I have it set to run 24hrs a day for the time being so i just have speed 1 set at 1700 and it timed to run 24hrs. I may change that later. Today i like how everything turned out.View attachment 72058

i made a mistake. I have the pump set at 1250 rpm and the falls work good at that speed with a little jet action to boot

Good choice and should work really well for you. You'll be able to reduce your run time if you choose to, but nothing wrong with what you're doing. Good stuff.

i know its extravagant but we love having the waterfall on 24 hours a day. it is right out side the bedroom and the family room and when its quiet outside you can hear it all around the house. we just love it. our electric bill went up about $100 a month after we started running the pump 24 hours. I cant wait to see what this pump will cost.

by the way. i just realized i never put a picture of our falls up. its the first time i ever built anything like this. lot of work to get it looking just right. had some cold damage to plants and still working on the wall in the back and a few other things need to be done but i think it looks really nice.
IMG_0667.jpgIMG_0667.jpg

That's really nice - great work on it! Having it run a lot is good for preventing algae too. I bet you save a lot with the new pump, maybe even $70/80 per month savings. Let us know when you find out.

The SuperFlo VS should use around 150 watts at 1250 RPM. 24/7 will be about 110 kwh/month. Your old pump was probably around 1900 watts or more than 10x what the SuperFlo will be.

That's really nice - great work on it! Having it run a lot is good for preventing algae too. I bet you save a lot with the new pump, maybe even $70/80 per month savings. Let us know when you find out.

thanks for the comp. we should have a good idea of the savings next month i'll try to remember to post it.

- - - Updated - - -

The SuperFlo VS should use around 150 watts at 1250 RPM. 24/7 will be about 110 kwh/month. Your old pump was probably around 1900 watts or more than 10x what the SuperFlo will be.

in those terms it sounds like i made a good investment. and seeing I'm running 24/7 i will recoup my cost that much quicker. and i still have the old pump to sell.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.