Might as well close the pool!

I have the same complaints..it seems that when I didn't have a pool..it was 90 everyday..It is warming up this week at least..water was stuck at 79 and 80..made it to 82 today and it felt great in the sun.

Perhaps I shouldn't mention that it's close to 100F around here and the pool is a nice 83.

You're right, you shouldn't :evil:

Here in Wisconsin it's been difficult to keep it in the 70's this year with all the rain and few really hot days. BUT, we have plenty of water and compared to other regions that's a blessing.

Would love to swap the LP heater I don't run for a heat pump. IMHO - That's the way to go for heating efficiency and payback.

Was away for the weekend, so pump didn't run. Water felt nice and warm on top, but when it got circulated, it was only 72 degrees! Might hit 76 if I am lucky, so I can get in and clean the debris out. It was really windy last week!

I am in the same general area as the OP. My pool was at 60 yesterday morning, and was up to 62 today. I think this swim season has ended. I am tempted to close it very soon - next year a liner change is in the plans, so I really don't care about water quality when I close. Kind of a sad attitude.

Yeah, and I know, even if I am doing a liner change, who wants to drain a green swamp - so I will be keeping the chemistry where it is supposed to be.

-dvae

Perhaps I shouldn't mention that it's close to 100F around here and the pool is a nice 83.

Richard.......that is just wrong :cry:

I'm also in Central PA so I know too what PAGirl is going through.

I have a heater but guess what? The toggle switch and/or control panel decided to stop working last week. This is the second time in the 5 years I've had it (Raypak R266A). I ordered replacements yesterday but may just call it a year and wait till next spring to replace them.

I still enjoy looking at my crystal clear water (thanks TFP) and listening to the water come off the slide!

Pool at 76 here and probably on the drop. We're having 80 degree temps but there has been little sun and nights are getting down to low 60s. Had the pool at 82 for a party last weekend. Still have one more pool party planned for Labor Day. I'll crank the heater overnight before the party and whatever it gets to will be what it gets to. No solar cover purchase this summer is finally showing what could have been later in the season. Temps would be warmer without heater and heater use would give me longer lasting results. Will be a must next season.

With such clear water, it was too easy to see the debris on the bottom, so I got brave and headed in today. It was a balmy 75 almost 76 degrees. The kids got in it this evening at 74, I said no thanks! They stayed in longer than I thought they would, though the 6 year old nephew had chattering teeth at first.

Pool at 76 here and probably on the drop. We're having 80 degree temps but there has been little sun and nights are getting down to low 60s. Had the pool at 82 for a party last weekend. Still have one more pool party planned for Labor Day. I'll crank the heater overnight before the party and whatever it gets to will be what it gets to. No solar cover purchase this summer is finally showing what could have been later in the season. Temps would be warmer without heater and heater use would give me longer lasting results. Will be a must next season.

I love mine. It helps a lot. The problem is, I stored it in the shed over the winter in the storage bag (like a big garbage bag) that it came with. The field mice chewed right through that and made a big 'ol nest in the solar cover, so now my solar cover has some big chew holes in it. This year it is going to be stored in a metal garbage can bought for just that purpose.

-dave

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I love mine. It helps a lot. The problem is, I stored it in the shed over the winter in the storage bag (like a big garbage bag) that it came with. The field mice chewed right through that and made a big 'ol nest in the solar cover, so now my solar cover has some big chew holes in it. This year it is going to be stored in a metal garbage can bought for just that purpose.

-dave
Mine has a 4" hole right in the center, likely from the same chipmunk that decided the inside of an air conditioner was a great place to sleep. Luckily, (not for swimming) we wouldn't have need the dang a/c other than one or two days anyway this year! I bought a fan instead, used it twice, ha. The heat has come on more this summer than the air conditioner was needed! Pool at 74 today :(

Finally, and I'm not bragging because this has been a painful summer, my pull is at 90!!! The rain has stopped and I moved the solar panel. Tomorrow, I will begin installation of a solar panel on the roof. I am excited to see if the pool gets even warmer. The hot tub is 98 and this is Florida so I really only need one or two more degrees in the pool.

I can count how many times i have been in the pool this summer .... ON ONE HAND, and i opened early! LOL I like warm water ( 78*+) and my poor half shaded pool never got above 80*. That's with a solar cover on most of the summer! We really didn't have to use the AC much this year either. In total here on Strong Island we had 3 days of 90* or better and they weren't in a row. This has not been stellar summer for swimming or morning rides to work on the motorcycle. I truely hope we don't have another cold and snowy winter like we did here in the NYC area last year.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.